So I need some HELP

Started by ProfessorRex, October 15, 2004, 01:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfessorRex

I made a post a bit ago about my bike fouling plugs...
I went to a higher heat range, it fouled those, then another set of stock heat range... $5 for a day of fun riding isn't bad... and I'd rather not keep doing it.

I think I need to dip my carb, maybe re-build it, could that be the cause? (carb cleaning seems to be a universal answer)

What else???

This is my first bike, and first set of carbs.  I'm no clutz mechanicaly, and I have ZERO experiance in these areas, would one of yall give me a thorough step by step aboiut what I need to do? (I've read all the stuff on the web, if that's all I need to know, then I guess I've just got first timer jitters)
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Walt_M.

Are the plugs oily or just carbon fouled? If it is carbon, you could just need a new air filter. Oily is worse, could be worn piston rings or valve guides and seals. How many miles on the bike?
Whale oil beef hooked!

thekid

Carb cleaning does seem to be a universal answer sometimes, especially for our little sweetie Vision! just do it. It can only help, I did mine and synchronized them as well and the bike feels downright peppy now! Smooth idle, good throttle response, basically stink free exhaust, on an 82 vtwin! Also , my advice is to get the Haynes manual. It can be VERY helpful to a do it yourselfer like you. as far as the fouling goes there's a whole section on that with photos and  what to do for different types of fouling. Good luck! -thekid
Ride It Like You Stole It!

ProfessorRex

Thanks man, I've got the manual and I'm going to dip them tom.  The bike is running rich (I'm near 7000ft up here) I think it may also be the airfilter, I'll figure it all out Sunday and report.

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...