News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Why do Blood Suckers Like Visions

Started by zbiker, December 15, 2006, 12:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zbiker

I had only planned to spend a few days hugging some corners in western North Carolina recently when I found myself totally out ridden by a group of female motorcyclists from Seattle. It seems the gang was not as they appeared. They wore patches on the backs of their dirty leather jackets that said they were Vampires, and the quickness they showed on those twisty roads had me believing they were the real thing.
This all began after a night of camping at High Country Motorcycle Camp, located deep inside the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, I was up early to flip through some curves on what I hoped would be a deserted Blue Ridge Parkway. My 1981 BMW R 100 RS is a poor curve carver, however it does stand up on the straight-aways.
After blitzing along one particular straightaway at nearly 130 miles an hour, I began braking for a sharp curve just in front of me on the right. Before the 500 pounds of German metal between my legs dropped to 60 mpg, I found myself surrounded by six vintage red Yamah Visions. These are the middleweight water cooled super bikes from the 1980s that most riders have only heard rumors of. Their riders had long black greasy hair streaming backwards from under their helmets. I was just able to make out the vampire face on the back of their leather jackets before they slipped past me and out of sight.
Surprised by their quickness, I pulled back on the throttle of my 1000 cc BMW, nearly crashing as I came out of the turn. I was just able to catch up with the group in the next straightaway. Making eye contact with the group’s leader, a wink was enough to interest them in some conversation.
They told me their club travels to this remote area of the Smokey Mountains several times a year. The ride is used to initiate new members to the club and practice their riding skills. The leader invited me to join them in a future campout.
After the brief encounter, the girls quickly slipped back into their black helmets and leathers, mounted their vintage Vision’s and disappeared into the distance. Stupidly, I forget to get any contact information and a search of the Seattle area came up with nothing.
Even today I continue my search in this remote and gothic area of North Carolina, looking for their camp site, with the brief hope I will get just one more glimpse of those beautiful red Yamaha Visions. Let me know if you can help!
A few days later a group of Outlaw Bikers were having their annual club party near Boone North Carolina. The next morning an animal was found near their clubhouse. Witnesses reported the animal weighed over 200 pounds, had curled fangs extending over its lips, looked like a cross between a large rat like rodent and a wolf and had very human like eyes.

Residents of Boone have reported seeing a similar beast over the last few years. They said the animal would emit monstrous cries throughout the night. Along with the strange howls, the beast displayed eyes that glowed in the dark. The animal was blamed for attacking and killing numerous pets and for the disappearance of several residents from nearby homes over that same time period. One police official indicated it may have been some sort of rare wolf-dog hybrid. Tissue samples from the creature have been collected and sent the University of North Carolina for genetic tests that will try and determine the origin of the weird creature.
Western North Carolina has become very strange over the last few years.. Roger. There's more stuff and pictures at : 
http://www.kittyhawkfreepress.com/obxmotorcyclenews.html

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Mutt

NICE!  :D

Should have sent the tissue samples to North Carolina State! GO WOLFPACK!!!!

Anyone in the area have a red vision and cross dresses? Anyone?

Mutt  :) (Black and Gold!)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

8)...Great first post Roger... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

zbiker

Thanks, I bought a new red 82 Red Vision in 83 and loved it. It had the factory fairing with heater vents.I sold it in 1988 and am happy to see there is still interest in the bike. I thought I might have seen it being riden by a Vampire. That's why I am still looking for them

ZBIKER

Quote from: Tiger on December 15, 2006, 06:39:28 PM
8)...Great first post Roger... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Brian Moffet

Quote from: zbiker on December 15, 2006, 07:28:08 PM
I thought I might have seen it being riden by a Vampire. That's why I am still looking for them

None of the vampires in my area ride one.

Brian

(for the clueless, go watch "The Lost Boys", 1987, or go to the site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampires_Motorcycle_Club )

Kevin

I believe every word of it except the RS running 130. Thats a tall tale.

Walt_M.

Believe it! The R100RS would definitely go 130, no problem.
Whale oil beef hooked!

zbiker

The frame does turn a little rubbery at that speed however !!!
Quote from: Walt_M. on December 17, 2006, 06:20:19 AM
Believe it! The R100RS would definitely go 130, no problem.

Serendipity

Fine..I'll fess up. I didn't really join Women in the Wind, I joined the Vampires . Just teasing I'm really more of a morning person ;)

"They're maggots Michael. How do they taste?" (I LOVED that movie in middle school!)

Serendipity

Too funny....I thought he made the Vampire MC club up for the story, but there really is a Vampire MC in Santa Cruz (big surprise LOL) and San Francisco.

Can you tell I'm a librarian??? :D

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Serendipity on December 21, 2006, 05:01:41 PM
"They're maggots Michael. How do they taste?" (I LOVED that movie in middle school!)

Thank you for making me feel old!  ;D

Brian (Why yes, that is the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in that movie, and I even know some of the extras)

Serendipity

Sorry for making you feel old. :)

"That's the thing about Santa Carla....all the damn vampires." Don't get me started. :)