'73 F-100 worth $500?

Started by Lucky, December 15, 2006, 10:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

worth the $$? i kinda think so.

--302 with 3 speed
--back tires flat
--manual steering but box is trash (full turn b4 it catches), owner has all parts for power steering, just needs to be bolted on.
--new shifter
--new ft coil springs
--may include headers
--new water pump
--new u-joint
--new rad hose
--new batt
--no headliner
--seat needs to be replaced, looks like door panel needs work too...
p/o started bodywork in the front.  owner says the bed is trashed, but it looks like a treatment of muriatic acid & spray on bedliner would fix it up. no talegate, but some angle iron & 2x12's or a net would take care of that.

i'd have to have it flatbeded home & it's probably an hour away, but the owner may have access to a flatbed & we could work that into the price.

of course it'd eventually be black & gold to match the bike & trailer  ::)

http://www.xz550.com/f100/driver.jpg
http://xz550.robmay.com/f100/Engine.jpg
http://xz550.robmay.com/f100/bed.JPG
http://xz550.robmay.com/f100/interior.JPG
http://xz550.robmay.com/f100/mileage.jpg
http://xz550.robmay.com/f100/rt%20rear.JPG
http://xz550.robmay.com/f100/suspention.JPG

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

I've seen worse for more $$.  Looks like pretty good starter material & with time & effort should make for a good truck.  Then again, I'm partial to Fords.

LMC Truck (in Kansas) has a great catalog of Ford truck parts.        www.lmctruck.com

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

67GTO

" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Lucky

gun rack, no, not me, not my thing.  hook for the 'emergency manometer' certainly!  ;D

Night Vision

gotta get the headers to match your macs  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

crazyjimmy

Paint it metallic blue, put in a chrome grill and you gots a poor mans humber, somebody stop me, lol.
Jim

Lucky

i usually look at a vehicle & think what would i do to it to make it look cooler... i'm drawing a blank on this one (maybe it's just the pic..) but all i can think is that  it's one butt ugly-truck, lol.

it either needs to be slammed, since it's so long, but that's not my style, or blacked out, jacked up in the back & '60's shoved under the bed....maybe flat beded too....

--Lucky

p.s. i've come to the conclution that it must be illegal to sell Chanukka candles here, cause all i get are weird looks... :o :o  :D

Coil Coyle

Where's the Holidazy Spirit?   :-\  I sent that Chanuka website URL out to everybody on Amys company mail with a comment about how my Rabbi, Jesus of Nazareth, used to burn candles. I got a reprimand from HR because it had links to commercial pages.
:P

Happy 26th of Kislev, Lucky.

Oh, would you share your family recipe for Latkes with us?

I googled and found this one;
Potato Latkes

This favorite is always a crowd pleaser during Chanukah, the Jewish Festival of Lights.
Oil was burned in the original menorahs and now plays an important symbolic role
in many fried foods.

2 medium potatoes
1 egg(beaten)
1/4 cup flour
vegetable oil

Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
Mix with the beaten egg and flour.
Drop teaspoon size pancakes into hot vegetable oil.
Brown on both sides.
Serve with applesauce.
:D
You got a diferent one?

They look like the same food group as our traditional Redneck Scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy. ;D

And a Dreidle.  ???   You selling them too?     :-\    Wayne from shipping said we needed to be spinning the dreidle. I found the rules at <torahtots.org>, are we suposed to build our own? What are the specifications?

Help us out Lucky...

;)
Coil

YellowJacket!

Offer him 325.00 and see what happens.

Its a lot like my V when I first got it.  Cost me $1.00 but I put about $1500.00 in it to get it where its at. :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

67GTO

Body-wise the truck looks solid. (Not what you would find in my area with road salt being used) :(

It would look great black with some kind of gold accent (strips etc..) to match your bike.

That truck would be a great canidate for the "Paint with a foam pad" technique that was discused
in a earlier post!
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

kiawrench

just treat the rust, replace bad metal, fix it til it runs and paint entir ething with black bedliner,,,, save all the cost of a body shop making it pretty,,,, and the liner will last .   
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Tiger

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on December 16, 2006, 06:30:18 AM
I googled and found this one;
Potato Latkes

2 medium potatoes
1 egg(beaten)
1/4 cup flour
vegetable oil

Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
Mix with the beaten egg and flour.
Drop teaspoon size pancakes into hot vegetable oil.
Brown on both sides.

Serve with applesauce........SOUR CREAM!!!.......Ukrainian style...Mmmmmmmm

Coil

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

supervision

Is it being driven now, how's the compression?    Have you seen just pictures?   Besure it's not a seven cylinder...  pull the coil wire and ground it, crank the engine over for a few seconds, if their is a low clyinder, you can here it come around (the engine pick's up speed), a good engine cranks smooth, no rythum..   Is the registration current, or is that no problem in your state?  In Kalifornia, they rub their hands and charge an arm and a leg to license something that is behind on tags.   
" border="0

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on December 15, 2006, 10:38:42 PM
worth the $$? i kinda think so.

...of course it'd eventually be black & gold to match the bike & trailer  ::)

--Lucky

:o...For that money...BUY IT, Lucky... 8)

:) Wish I was closer to help with this one!!!...Offer him $400.00 and get a reaction... ;)...Nothing to loose!!!

:o...of course it'd eventually be black & gold to match the bike & trailer  ::)...SUPERB!!!
;)...and not forgetting the hood/door's R.O.V. and Yamaha Vision decal's... ;D :D ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

???...SOOOOO, did ya buy it, did ya, huh... ??? ???

kiawrench

fix 'er up, add in some tie downs, a set of ramps ,and forget the tailgate.  and as for all these guys wanting to eat latke with sweet stuff,,, try topping them with a good kosher red beet and horseradish spread, better than counting cars in a bike rally!!!

Boy,, let you move down here with us ,and it doesnt take long for you to turn all hillbilly on us. If davetn talks you into going deer hunting with a brick and a six pack of jack daniels, i am going to have to move to providence !!  

i wont go into what being jewish in the south is  like,, you will have to learn as you go, as i dont want to seem like i have bad feelings towards anyone . Just dont try to explain a kosher kitchen ,or foods we find to be forbidden, esp at work.

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Walt_M.

Being a yankee in the South is bad enough and I will always be one, (actually that is damn yankee since I stayed) and I've been here nearly 25 yrs. I could not imagine trying to keep Kosher. Just don't move to Louisiana!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Lucky

i'll have to do some mail order candles next year, lol. i don't keep kosher so it's not a big problem, & i happen to have a big bag of tea lights that are parive.

the 'southern' attitude is more pronounced here, & i'm aware of it, but it's nothing new, even being born & raised in New England (in predominantly Roman Catholic RI) it was is previlant.

There were more Jews in South Florida when i lived there than i think in all of New York, lol.  I don't mind being called a 'Damm Yankee', it just shows that they are frustrated by me without me even having to do anything!!! ;D ;D  Just don't call me a 'Damm Yankee Fan'.  go Red Sox!! ;) :D  i've seen a lot of Boston logo hats down here, but usually when i ask, they've bought them because the head under the hat belongs to 'Billy', 'Bob' or 'Billy-Bob'..... ::)

whatever, the roads are still twisty!

as for the truck.  budget has it not available till end of January or February, plus, i want to take a ride to see it first, so if it's still ava then ok,  if not, i'm sure Billy or Bob will have another for sale.

--Lucky

kiawrench

lol, lucky,, i married a southern baptist,, so a kosher kitchen is not found here either. But i do keep away from pork, more for my health.  but i will wear out a butcher when i comes to brisket--  it has to be cut right ,it can not be "pre-seasoned for bar-b-que" , and it will be accompanied by a lot of cracked pepper and horseradish. Cant help it . lol

ps2/bikevision

lucky if it were a short bed id be all over it. i dont care much for long beds. they are nice when you need to haul something long or a bike but other than that i think they are ugly.