Bless me Father for I have sinned,

Started by tailwheel, December 17, 2006, 06:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tailwheel

It has been 30 days since my last post.

Sorry guys but it happened. I sold my Vision to a good home :'(. I realized that at the end of a long list of projects is no place for a Vision to be and I have a friend who expressed interest. Patti still has hers so we will still be around. Even if she sells hers I think we will check in often.

Steve the new owner of my '83 already has 6 miles on it in the 24 hours he has owned it. Steve is a great mechanic and I am sure he will be a good addition to the Vision family.

I have to credit my friend that gave me a Vision for reintroducing me to motorcycles. That Vision is now Hilary's (Bluegillspeed). When I was close to getting that Vision on the road Patti got interested in riding and this site helped us buy two more Visions. After Patti finished the MSF course the Vision proved to be a great bike for her.

I enjoyed riding my Vision but I found a different bike that met my needs better.

I have some good friends here that I hope will still talk to me. This group is bigger than the nuts and bolts of a machine will ever be to me. I enjoy the different viewpoints, the humor and the brotherhood that exists here.

Through this site I have found out about some great places to visit which led to Patti and I having a great vacation this past summer. I got the chance to eat the best burgers you will ever have (thanks Dave & Vicki) and the best tech support of any other product I have ever owned (thanks Lucky). I am still chomping at the bit to ride in Colorado this summer.

I don't intend to leave the group but since I won't be needing specific advice for my own Vision I just wanted to say thanks for what I have gotten off this site sofar.

Dave
Piper J-3 cub
John Deere 4110
2005 BMW 1200 LT

h2olawyer

Dave -

#@$%*&^%#@#%!   ;)

Seriously, you're always welcome around here.  You & Serendipity are still (now grudgingly) invited to the 25 year celebration.  Especially since she still has her V.  Hope to hear from you in the future & on the up side, at least your old V will get some good use.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

Just remember those famous words:
"Every time I think i'm out, They pull me back in!!!"

of course your allways welcome here & at my house1
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

AIRPLANE STEVE

Hey Dave,
    Of course I'll forgive you. Actually, I'll thank you. I am the fortunate friend who is the proud new owner of the 83 Vision. I started working on the new addition to the family around 2 in the afternoon and couldn't stop till it made noise. I did put a couple of miles on it before I put it to bed, inside of course.
    I've visited this site many times and am happy to be a new member. I recognize this as an excecellent resource for info as well as a place to find a laugh or two.
    I didn't get a chance to touch it today, I went with my 17 year old son to the Bradenton 1/4 mile drag strip. He ran his camaro for the first time. It looks like we have another gearhead in the family.
    I still have questions about the vision, the main one about starting. It appears that low voltage greatly affects the ignition on this model. I have a few things to check, thanks to these guys and will hopefully soon be on the road.
   Looking forward to some interesting talks in the future.  AIRPLANE STEVE
Airplane Steve

h2olawyer

Welcome, Steve!

Visions really appreciate a fully charged battery & properly functioning charging system.  Low voltage often means the TCI won't fire, leading to no start.  I assume you're a pilot.  There are a few others here (not me).

Enjoy your new toy & hope your son did well with his Camaro!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on December 17, 2006, 07:08:34 PM
Just remember those famous words:
"Every time I think i'm out, They pull me back in!!!"... ::)...Yeh, but he made "an offer you couldn't refuse"... :o... ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D... ;)

of course your allways welcome here & at my house1...Once a VISIONARY.......always a Visionary... 8)--Lucky

8).......MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR.......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

Actually Pattys' always welcome, she has the bike...just kidding, of course you are too Tailwh.. *WHACK!* OUCH! Hi honey, I didn't know you were reading over my  *WHACK!* *SMACK!* OUCH!!....OUCH!!!! She's a girl from the Forum  *WHACK!* OUCH! Stop it! Oww No, I'm not having an *WHACK!* OUCH!!! It was A joke!!
OWW!!

Gotta *SMACK!* OUCH! go guys....

But honey i was kidding...no, i've never met Mutts Avitar!....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on December 18, 2006, 05:59:32 AM
Actually Pattys' always welcome, she has the bike...just kidding, of course you are too Tailwh.. *WHACK!* OUCH! Hi honey, I didn't know you were reading over my  *WHACK!* *SMACK!* OUCH!!....OUCH!!!! She's a girl from the Forum  *WHACK!* OUCH! Stop it! Oww No, I'm not having an *WHACK!* OUCH!!! It was A joke!!
OWW!!

Gotta *SMACK!* OUCH! go guys....

But honey i was kidding...no, i've never met Mutts Avitar!....

:o...LUCKY MUST HAVE GOT AN OFFER HE COULDN'T REFUSE... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

kiawrench

by tail,, hi steve----- buy the books from lucky,, read the forum as much as you can,, ask all you need to---if we cant fix it,it isnt on a vision---
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

dj

Lucky - You got some splannin to do! (said in a bad Ricky impersonation from I Love Lucy).

Hope the back of your head doesn't hurt to much from the smacks.

Steve - welcome to the family!  Glad to see that you already got some seat time in on your V.  It will still be awile before I get my V on the road is it is a little nippy in Maine (although we don't have snow yet!)
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

AIRPLANE STEVE

Thanks for the welcome,
    Went to the tag office today and she is all legal now. Of course a new tag requires a test hop, so I took her around the nieghborhood after dinner tonight. I did have a little better luck starting her tonight. I am sure it will be a matter of finding the right combination.
     I wound her to 9000 and must say that I'm impressed. I started 30 years ago, at the age of 14, with a Honda CL125. Then I moved up to a KZ400, then a KZ650, followed by Yamaha XS750E and finally a Honda CBX. Then came the kids, mortgage ,etc.
     Finally I'm back in the saddle. Not really looking for a rocketship, but a little pep is good. Fun and reliability are my goals. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade, I have my A&P as well as my IA, so turning wrenches is something I'm familiar with,and actually kind of enjoy at times.
    Looking forward to chatting some more.              Airplane Steve
Airplane Steve

Tiger

Hi Steve,
Given that you have been around your Vision and this site for a little while, you know that this is the best "Family" you & your "V" could ever be with... 8) NO big ego's to feed, NO put down artist's to deal with, etc... ::) just a great bunch of people, who have a huge amount of pride, not only in their "V"s, but in helping/seeing/hearing of other Visions being enjoyed, as they should be... 8)  Some-one is always here to help you get throu' just about anything related to your ride... ;) Being handy with a WRENCH...or two should be helpfull in your quest... ;D ;D :D... ;) Again, welcome and enjoy...

8).......MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR.......TIGER....... 8)

Serendipity

Lucky are you ok??? :D Sorry to get you in trouble! LOL But thanks...it's nice to know we are still welcome. :) Steve actually mentioned to me that he has a friend who is interested in my Vision, but I'm not ready to part with her yet.

My goal for this weekend, since I finally got a bunch of other personal projects out of the way is to *finally* finish putting the headlight on, hopefully with Dave's help. (I lost the rubber thingy that goes around the light, hence the hold-up) but if I can't find it Dave has an alternative for me. Than I am going to take her out for a ride!!! I hope I still remember how to after having put 2,500 miles on my BMW in the past few months.

Steve: Yay for you!!!! I'll never forget that ride down from Atlanta, glancing back from the truck into a trailer full of Visions. :) I was hopeful, but had no idea how much adventure those little Visions would lead me too. And I am sure it will do the same for you.

Btw, I think sometime soon we're going to have a little BMW/Vision drag race. I swear that the War Mare (Vision) can beat Blue (my BMW) off the line. Dave's not so sure. I'll keep you updated. :D

AIRPLANE STEVE

Thanks for the good wishes, Patty. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Vision so far. I wish the weather would allow a little more saddle time, but you know how it is, (welcome to Florida).
I did get a chance to take my oldest son over to the high school and take the V around the parking lot. You know lots and lots of space and zero traffic. He did fantastic. He is on his fourth ATV and has no problems with the clutch, he has simply never been on anything with two wheels other than a bicycle. I'll consider it a success, no scratches on either of them.
Hope you and yours had a Merry Christmas. So long for now.  Airplane Steve
Airplane Steve

Walt_M.

Hi Steve, good to have another '83 in Florida but Bradenton is a long way from the Tallahassee area where I hang out.
Whale oil beef hooked!