News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

SOMETIMES IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH TO BE SAFE!

Started by Mutt, December 18, 2006, 10:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plavix

There are times when a little pickin' is necessary...cathartic maybe? ;D

My wife has also experienced people who come and ask her for help finding a book, but will receive a cell call and answer it...expecting Cathy to just stand there and wait until they are done so she can help them.  That is fine if it is somewhat important and you simply answer whatever question and hang up...or perhaps apologize to the person you were originally talking to (Cathy) and excuse yourself...allowing Cathy to help somebody else.  On the other hand, people will be simply chatting away about inane things...expecting Cathy to still be there waiting until they happen to be done.

One thing I enjoy doing to those people who talk on their cell phones in line behind me (at a bank or whatever)...or walk around stores talking with their bluetooth headsets is to turn around and say "what" or "excuse me" as if the person were addressing me...because often it appears that they are addressing me since I am only hearing one side of the conversation.  That usually pisses them off...but I don't think people get too embarrassed any more...they are more important than the numerous people who have to listen to one side of a personal conversation.

I have noticed something else that usually makes me laugh...in public restrooms, some guy will be in a stall "torpedoing the porcelain harbor" while talking on the phone.  I usually try to make lots of noise so it might be apparent to whoever they are talking to that the person is taking a #### while talking to them.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Mutt on December 20, 2006, 09:54:57 AM
This applies more to women but maybe some men. I think people are insecure.

Men are some of the most insecure people I know.  If I were to take a poll on what I observe at the University, the men up there (admittedly under 25) are by far more insecure. 

I could start listing example after example (think about men doing stupid things, they're too insecure to back down in the face of obvious stupidity.  And who came up with p*n*s pumps anyway!), but I think you can do that on your own.

Brian

Mutt

Quote from: Vision Rising on December 20, 2006, 10:37:00 AM
Quote from: Mutt on December 20, 2006, 09:54:57 AM
This applies more to women but maybe some men. I think people are insecure.

And who came up with p*n*s pumps anyway!), but I think you can do that on your own.

Brian

Honestly.....that's not my bag baby!  :) That would be funny...someone getting in a wreck because they were busy trying to extend their johnson!  :D :D

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Walt_M.

Does anyone remember a movie from the late '60s or early '70s called The President's Analyst? It starred James Coburn and the plot was that the phone company wanted to get to the president to get legislation passed to have miniature phone chips implanted in everyone's head at birth. Of course that premise is absurd as, if the technology were available, people would gladly pay to get it! Idiots!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Brian Moffet

Great.  That would be fantastic.

To let you in on a secret (only because I've had no reason to tell it here), I have a friend who could not figure out how to lock his key-pad.  For some reason, I was always the person he called accidentally.  I would here his conversations while he was trying to decide what to order for dinner in a restaurant, or the 5 minute phone call I had on my voice mail of him singing the meow-mix song while skiing downhill (and occasionally offering advice to his son).

I could just picture what he would be like if the phone chip were implanted in his head...

Brian (I changed phone numbers)

MotorPlow

Quote from: plavix on December 20, 2006, 10:27:42 AM
One thing I enjoy doing to those people who talk on their cell phones in line behind me (at a bank or whatever)...or walk around stores talking with their bluetooth headsets is to turn around and say "what" or "excuse me" as if the person were addressing me...because often it appears that they are addressing me since I am only hearing one side of the conversation.  That usually pisses them off...but I don't think people get too embarrassed any more...they are more important than the numerous people who have to listen to one side of a personal conversation.

Saying "Honey please come back to bed, I can't wait much longer", loud enough for the other end of the conversation to hear through the phone usually works for amusement too.