News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

When It Rains It Pours

Started by ps2/bikevision, December 19, 2006, 02:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

Well it has been a heck of a few months for me. It started a few months ago when i wrecked my fzr. i was almost ready to paint it when i dumped it on a dirt road. no real big damage just pushed my paint off for a few more months. Then over Holloween, i rolled my beloved dodge dually into a ditch. I smashed her up pretty good. the roof was smashed in, but with the use of a bottle jack i was able to get it back where it belongs, but i still cant put a windshield in it. im going to either have to cut the top off and weld on a new one. which i have never done before, or get a whole new cab.

as you can see the drivers door and front fender took most of the damage. the odd this is is the only window to break was the front. the rest are still good. the passanger side faired pretty good. the running boards got ripped off the drivers side. drivers side dually fender is gone and the lights shorted out. it was still running after it rolled over and i had to shut it off. after 5 quarts of tranny fluid i was able to drive it home. then the fun began, i rolled it into a swamp so the inside was trashed. and i had just bought a new stereo system for the house and its now all busted up. Thats not all either. i couldnt drive the dodge around so i had to get one of my blazers out. in the process of pulling it out i caught the corner of my other blazer and smashed up the fender on the blazer. so ive had to spend the last months fixing the blazer up some so it wouldnt be so bad to drive around town. when i bought it it was supposed to be for parts. ther was no back window, back seat, carpet, radio, heat, or turn signals. ive had fun getting her on the road and im my no means finished.

but wait it gets better. when the cops showed up after i rolled the dodge the first thing they wanted to know was if i was drinking. i knew right away that i was screwed. i had two beers at a buddies house about half hour before. headed home i took this sharp corner too fast ( i have a habbit of drifting around this corner) but this time the rear slide down into the ditch and pulled the truck right over on its top. all i got was 3 stitches in the nose, and i got to spend 8 hours in jail for owi. this is my second offence, the first being on a golf cart. thats right a freakin golf cart. i never really took the first one serious, just paid my fines and laughed it off. i new it would come back to bite me with this one though. i went to court and got a better deal that the first time, fines and probation. i leave court and go home, check my mail and i got a letter form the state saying i refused a field chemical test, which carries a 1 year supension of driving privilages. i was to say the least pift. and do you think i can get anyone in the courts to give a two cents about it. nope. no one will give me a straight answer on how to get this reversed.

sorry for the long post but i just had to rant a bit. i think im going to go nuts. i went out in the garage to do the one thing that can take my mind off of all this, working on the vision, and find that i have left her sitting too long and now the carbs are all gummed up and she wont crank over. even the fzr has a dead battery. i just cant win lately.

MotorPlow

I guess the 1st thing is... Did you refuse the breath test? If you did not refuse, it is possible that the arresting officer made a mistake with the paperwork. I would start by contacting the arresting officer and ask for his help. He might be able to write a sworn statement that you did not refuse the breath test. Then you have to go to the Judge and get a court order to get DMV to reverse the suspension.

Mutt

PS2, I hope you get it all worked out. Don't go crazy by yourself. Check in here more often so that we can all share our craziness together. You know, it sounds like you need to make a move to Knoxville, Tn so you can take your frustrations out on the Dragon. You can get your license in NC. They don't do background checks or anything. That's why we have the 4th highest population of illegal aliens in the US. Hurry though because that will come to an end next legislation meeting.

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Walt_M.

Chillun, when ya'll gonna learn, drinkin' an drivin' don't mix! The authorities been ballistic about this for a very long time now. About a month ago, there was a report in the local paper here about a guy they busted for BUI in a canoe! It wasn't even his canoe and they confiscated it!
Sorry about your ride but it is a good thing no one was coming the other way, it could have been a lot worse.
Whale oil beef hooked!

ps2/bikevision

i have thought about trying to use my parents address in indiana to get a licnese but the biggest problem is when i was stopped they took my licnese on rhe spot. All i have is my old one from when i renewed eariler this year but it is expired. I dont know if theyy will do a check cause of that or not. I knw when i moved back to michigan from indiana, i was able to get a michigan licnese when my indiana was supended for gettin in trouble in school to many times. If i had a way to get my junk down there and a place to stay i would have moved down there along time ago.

and chris i didnt refuse i even gave blood when i was at the hospitol getting my stitches. I have tried to contact the officer but he wont return my calls. So im now tring to go through his sergent. Im really hopeing i can get this cleared before the state gets the charges, cause then they will give out fines and i might as well bend over and take it like a man cause michigan sucks! If i can only get my licnese cleared im out of hear

kiawrench

ps2,,, you seem to have a bit of a pattern forming,
unless that officer will swear that you did not refuse the field test, you are walking,,, going to be plenty of time to fix all the dents and dings.
as for the dually-- if the a and b pillars arent true, you will never get a windshield in it .your only hope there is to have a body shop laser shoot it for dimension and true, then fix the damage. it isnt a home task,,, sorry .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

ps2/bikevision

yea kia i already been told i couldnt put a windshield in it. my only option is to either chop the top and replace or get all new cab. the thought of getting an old ram charger out of a junk yard and doing and convertiable top. i used to work in my dads boat shop making new canvas tops for the boats. its really easy if you have the tools which i just so happen to have access to.

but most likely the truck will sit now till next year and who know what will happen with it then. and as for the pattern forming your right. im just a magnet. i thought i grew out of these habbits but i guess not. but what the hay im only 24 so i still got alot to learn right. im hopeing some day i will get my head out of my rear and get it right. but until then im sure i can keep someone amused with my antics.

h2olawyer

What you're going through really sucks.  At least you sound like you're approaching it with some humor.  Hope it all works out OK.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.