News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

End of Year Mileage

Started by MotorPlow, December 19, 2006, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorPlow

Okay Fellow Visionaries,
I would like to try something for all of next year. I want to try and figure the amount of mileage we crazy visionaries put on out 25 year old bikes in a year. A total number for all of us. So,....

If ya'll can submit to me (by PM or Email) what the exact mileage is on your odometer (specify miles or kilometers) as the new year changes over (Midnight - 12/31~01/01), I will keep a spreadsheet file with your screen name and mileage. Of course, if your bike is in storage right now and know it won't be ridden until January, you can submit your mileage now. We will do it all over again when we drop into 2008. I will then talley all mileage on our beloved Visions and post a total for the year 2007.

Of course this will only work if ya'll submit your mileage and as new members join our family, I will have to remember to ask them what their exact odometer reading is to add it to the file. What do yous guys think?

don_vanecek

I will look it up tonight! I'm hoping for an above average year in 2007 with the Colorado trip!

h2olawyer

Great idea!  I'll submit mine soon.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) I'm in...I will e-mail you later to-day... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kiawrench

ok, mine for 2006 -- 6345.and 8/10s  but i ride ALL the time, no down season for me,, unless hurricaine hits .

odo shows 7638.3 as of this morning-  all on rebuilt V ,since wreck at dragon's tail. mmm e-bay cluster still working .bike is parked until after new year- carbs on the bench,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

AIRPLANE STEVE

I have just under 17,000 miles, but I plan on riding some before the end of the year. I will make a note of my mileage on the 31st.  Airplane Steve
Airplane Steve

MotorPlow

Outstanding! I am getting a great response from this....

Lucky

your not getting my info, next thing you know you'll be using it to order a big screen plasma tv and hookers over the internet.. wait you can do that...?

i'll send you mine next time i pull the cover.  don't want to publish it, it might be lower than i expect, lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

MotorPlow

Quote from: Lucky on December 20, 2006, 09:06:30 AM
your not getting my info, next thing you know you'll be using it to order a big screen plasma tv and hookers over the internet.. wait you can do that...?

Yeah right... With the way my luck is, you will be delivered to my house wearing thigh high boots and a halter top.  :-\

Brian Moffet

Quote from: MotorPlow on December 20, 2006, 10:24:19 AM
Yeah right... With the way my luck is, you will be delivered to my house wearing thigh high boots and a halter top.  :-\

You really have to be careful putting images like this into peoples heads you know.

Brian (my photoshop mojo isn't that good!)

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

zore

I did about 8000 on the XZ550SP0, 12k on the sprint st, 4k on the 675 and 400 miles on the monster.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

dtknox

Since the temps are below 40, I will no be riding anymore this year.

The Vision's odo shows 21,789.6 miles.

Thanks

Dale
Vision 82
Ducati M750 97

Brian Moffet

I believe mine is 40,685 miles. 

Brian

supervision

I just went out to check, it's  fifty three thousand eight hundred eighty four..... that's miles ofcourse.    The day's have been warm enough to ride, butt I'm an old wuss.    I did take out my dirtbike for a little adrenalized work-out last weekend.      Dave
" border="0

Night Vision

SmokeBomb is at 10,003 mi
(rode in the the hail and sleet end of October to click her over before nappy time)

CherryBomb is at 7,553 mi (my Bro's)

StinkBomb is stuck on 8,518 mi for awhile until she melds with DeckBike (aka "Project PoopDeck")
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Riche

2,322 miles. No miles at all during 2006, physical problems denied use this year  :'(. Optimistic for a good year in 07 :)

MotorPlow

Anybody who hasn't sent their end of year mileage, now is the time to do it.

Walt_M.

Hope to get mine in next weekend, when the 'V' gets home. I didn't get many miles last year though, too many things to interfere!
Whale oil beef hooked!

AIRPLANE STEVE

It is good to see some higher mileage V's out there. It gives me some confidense that my newest member of the family will get there some day. But, so far she has only 17014 miles. Happy new year to all.         Airplane Steve
Airplane Steve