News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

End of Year Mileage

Started by MotorPlow, December 19, 2006, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sable

Sorry I'm late, but I had to move a lot of stuff out of the way.... Well, on this set of gauges, the mileage is showing: 15,357.7.

~John
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Kenny

My 2006 milage is: R/W "V" =76,455 total kms (47,508 mi.),  This year total= 12,500 kms (7,459mi.).
  On the Y/R "V"  total is 36,608 (22,747mi)  this year only1004 kms  (623 mi).
     TDM 850  44,603 total kms or (27,715 mi) 2006 =2500kms or (1553 mi)
         Thats it as of 31-12-2006, Her's to everyone having a good,fun,SAFE  2007.
                                  Ken S. ;D   
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Lucky

Ok Chris, my 07' starting milage:

It's been really nice weather here,...only when i'm working.  other than that it rains or is too cold (for me) to ride.  i'm gonna open a vein.....

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rolle

Hello!
This is my odometer reading 54501.0 Km

The bike is sleeping in my basement during the strange winter here in Sweden!

Roland.....
Take care and be safe on the roads!

Walt_M.

Ok, my mileage is 13,346.7. This is unlikely to increase any time soon as, when my brother handed over the bike, he gave the key to my wife who handed it to me. AND I LOST IT!!! Many expletives deleted.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Brian_Matthewson

1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Walt_M. on January 08, 2007, 03:36:18 PM
Ok, my mileage is 13,346.7. This is unlikely to increase any time soon as, when my brother handed over the bike, he gave the key to my wife who handed it to me. AND I LOST IT!!! Many expletives deleted.

Walt,
       A locksmith can read your seatlock and replace your complete key. The locksmith I found in Sebastopol, Ca came in a van with a wireless laptop. He got the blank and the notch specs online. Looking at the several no key visions I have It would probably be worth paying for a service call. For a single V it might be worth unbolting the lock and hinges and notching the frame hasp to pull the lock out the side of the hasp. Then you could leave that at the locksmith, saving the service call charge.
      Note: The blank is a japanese car one that is used in 4 and 7 notch versions. The V uses just 4 of them on the ignition and the seat lock. I have no idea what the gas cap uses but guess just two notches.

$0.02
;)
Coil

Lucky

i noticed this a long time ago, but it never came up & I filrd it in the minutia that is my mind:
there are two different blanks used on the Visions keys,
one has a single groove on one side, the other has a double groove on each side...
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Walt_M.

Thanks Coil. I got similar info from my son-in-law who is a locksmith in training. I will probably pull my ignition lock and take it in. Service call is too much and I don't really want to push the bike up the ramp into my truck. I might be tough but I'm not that tough!
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

I'm barely broken in at 5864.7 miles ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Dave -

I was where you are mileage wise about 3 years ago.  I've been getting more miles on average every riding season.  Was planning on getting tons of miles in last year, but after dad started having health problems, I couldn't get many long riding days in.  Needed to stick around close to home in case I was needed.  Now that he's doing so much better, I should be able to really rack up the miles this year.

For those planning on attending & riding the full week of the 25 year celebration can plan on getting over 1,000 miles in 5 days.  I'll have some things planned for a couple of those days & a couple days will be shorter rides.  One day, however is about 400 miles & goes into Wyoming.  Nice mix of fast sweepers, long straights, twisties & incredible scenery - all with little traffic!

H2
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Coil Coyle

Motor P.

Description                           Serial                                     Odometer 12-31-06

82  Odium                                *3787          Mileage is                 6,327
83 Babbit in filter                       *                    "                        41,770 broken Odometer
82 East Bay Bk,RK Fairing            *                    "                        18,291
82 East Bay Bk, "Patina"              *                    "                        40,472
82 East Bay Gry, "Patina"             *                    "                         9,489
83 Jim E. Bk, RK                         * 0192             "                        33,824

I'll check back next January, this is a great idea.
;)
Coil

MotorPlow

So far, a total of odometer readings (with Kms converted to Miles) is:

625,754.8 Miles

Anyone else want to add their odometer reading to be included in the "Total Miles Riden in 2007" tally?

Cdnlouie

My 82 Vision touched down at 34,000 km.  I have 300 on it so far into 2007 as we had a really nice January here in Ontario.  I burned up my stabilized winter tankful having fun ripping down the road.

Louie

67GTO

Year end milage is 8886.6.
Do you all think Mr. 67GTO will notice this post?

Mrs. 67 GTO   lol

PS Noticed a tear on his cover, payback will be to mend it!
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Night Vision

uh oh... Mrs GTO has hacked the site  :o

musta been looking around for her own V  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

67GTO

Well... lets just say she's ok with me having a bike, but she would not have one of her own :)

YellowJacket!

Quote from: 67GTO on February 13, 2007, 08:50:14 AM
Well... lets just say she's ok with me having a bike, but she would not have one of her own :)

Heh heh... sounds like Mrs. DaveTN

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

Quote from: DaveTN on February 13, 2007, 10:05:02 PM
Quote from: 67GTO on February 13, 2007, 08:50:14 AM

Heh heh... sounds like Mrs. DaveTN

David

;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D...BIG TIME DITTO... ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

67GTO

Mr. 67GTO is right, I don't need a Vision of my own...   There's this lovely red one in the garage!...

ROFL

Mrs. 67GTO