Main Menu

Christmas Cheers!

Started by h2olawyer, December 23, 2006, 05:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Merry Christmas fellow Visionaries - Happy New year, too!

Here's a bit of Christmas Tradition.  Remember it well from spending many Christmases with my Swedish grandmother.  Anyone with Sewdish - American traditions from the 40s through the 60s may remember this.   ;D

www.stinalisa.com/NutsAtChristmas.html
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Merry Christmas H2O ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

supervision

Yaa, ya betcha!   That's the way it was a our house.  The older generation would speek Swedish so us kids couldn't know what they were saying.   They would have this salty fish, lutfisk?, something like that, but the good stuff was the "patatis corve", (potato sausage) that stuff was good! They'd  make a big ol batch of it and we'd eat like Kings. 
" border="0

h2olawyer

Ah yes - lutefisk, potato sausage & all those Swedish cookies!  Agree totally with the potato sausage.  There  was a grocery store here that made their own sausage.  They had a potato sausage that tasted just like my grandma's.  Too bad the store went out of business.

My great aunt told great jokes but she only told them in Swedish - same reason.  I hear the jokes were a little risque.  When we would gather fro Christmas, the Larsons (my ancestors), Nelsons, Carlsons and Andersons would celebrate together.  Quite the Swedish enclave in Douglas, Wyoming!

Merry Christmas - last shopping day!  If you haven't bought it yet, they're probably sold out!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

yum
is there anything that can't be made out of potato?

приветствия
счастливый отпуск

(greetings and Happy Holiday)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

:) My wifes side of the family where originally Ukrainian, so I get two Christmas's, 25th Dec & 7th Jan... 8) To-night, as we have done for several years, we are going to her cousins in Toronto for a sort of Ukrainian style, Christmas eve supper. Traditionalists would have 12 meatless dishes...we have 4...kinda more managable on the old system... ;D :D ;) However, its an hour and a half drive...so nooooo alchohol in Tigers tank!!! To-morrow we are at a friend's house, here in the village, for Christmas dinner...around the corner, no car required = Replenish Tigers tank ;D ;D ;D :D :D... ;) and on boxing day...the day after Christmas!!! we have our family get-to-gether...23 of us...party time again... 8) Good food, good company and a wee bit of the "water of life", ( a goooood single malt scotch), then peace and happiness prevail... 8)

I hope you all get what you wish for and then some. Peace and happiness to you and yours...8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rolle

OK!
Here it comes.................

God Jul och Gott Nytt Ã...r!

That is: A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!   in Swedish.

So have a nice Holliday all of You out there from me Roland and my Philippino wife Monica.
Take care and be safe on the roads!

kiawrench

happy holidays to all, no matter how you celebrate--

as for me,, am back in hospital again,(darn infection is back ) , get to enjoy hospital holiday meal of iv,antibiotics, a nurse or two stopping in and maybe just maybe a few of my local fellow riders will stop in and get us all in trouble with the staff again!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Kia -

Sorry to hear of your latest setback.  You & your family will be in my holiday prayers.  Get well SOON!

H2O

kiawrench

H20- other than getting behind on my personal debts, this is just another chapter of same old thing, nothing major. is now 6pm here, and so far have had a great day!!  only thing i cant do is ride my V today,, and that will change weds or thurs!!

friends brought an entire x-mas dinner in, and even if i cant join in,, i was part of the day,,,, i intend to make up for the liquid portion on New Years, without any keys .
i am allowed my own attire, so no cold breezes, no giggles from the non-male, or questionable members of the bunch,, lol
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Keep that great sense of humor going!  Glad you won't be laid up for long & can wear clothes to keep your modesty!   ;D

H2O

Walt_M.

I guess this is as good a place as any to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. It has been raining here in North Florida but that is ok because we need it, makes the outside lights look good too!
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

Merry Christmas to all!

And Kia,  I hope all goes well for you and you get better soon.  :)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

(Rudolf Says…….)
( Get Well Soon)
(  KIA           )
     O   
       O     
         o         
          <<   >>
             \__/
             (oo)\_______
             (o)\_           )\/\
                    ||----w|
                    ||     ||                 
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kiawrench

thanks one and all,,,  may get out of here around mid day today! seems i have been a bit of a burden on the nursing staff--- too many visitors, accessing hospital ctsy wireless net, ( tv was boring, and since i had my laptop here to work,,,,,,,,,,)

enjoy the holiday folks, be good,, and those that do partake of liquid holiday cheer- get one down for me- i cant have any for a while,

Tiger

:) KW...I hope you like single malt scotch...'cause here's to you...Hmmmmm...I think I may join you...hmmmm...would you like another one???...here, have a double and I will pour one for me!!! errrr, I think I better sit down...geeee, this bottle seems to be goin' down a wee bit quick!!! Sorry bud, given your on medicashun errr, I mean medicalation...oh S**t...lotions 'n potion's, I gotta cut yours off...I mean cut you off. Man, you don't seem to hold yer liquor very well mate  ;D ;D ;D :D :D... ;)

Take care bro'...ALL the very best for a speedy recovery... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kiawrench

thanz a whole bunch tigger,,, uh tiger,, 'cause of you , i didnt drop a drink all day.
  really,, sentiment is there, so cant complain. i got out around 3:30 pm est- managed to hit one holiday party - no drinking, but ok , sort of had that coming. will know soon results of last set of tests, then maybe find out why i keep getting these infections--- strange stuff--- the scary reasons are already eliminated,, now on to the strange stuff---