News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

V Max exhaust?

Started by reardeac, January 03, 2007, 03:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reardeac

Anyone attempted to attach the V Max mufflers to their Vision? Just been looking at bikes and happened acroos a pic of it and realized that it had the same general shape. Here is a link to one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-OEM-VMAX-V-MAX-EXHAUST-CHROME-NICE-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ220064685631QQihZ012QQcategoryZ35596QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

louthepou

Same general shape indeed; but chances are it'd be a tougher fit than we'd think. Worth doing a few measurments if anyone happens to have a Max-riding friend...

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

YellowJacket!

Just from looking at the pics it looks like a four into two setup.  It has four pipes going into the collector.  It also looks like its a bit short from the collector to the pipe mounts.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Ouch..at 310.00 it better be an exact fit!  :P

Save money and buy a MAC system or save a little more and get a PREDATOR system!  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

Quote from: Mutt on January 05, 2007, 05:17:35 AM
Ouch..at 310.00 it better be an exact fit!  :P

Save money and buy a MAC system or save a little more and get a PREDATOR system!  :)

Mutt

8)...Agree, 100%
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kiawrench

wont fit , been there , tried it------------ now, if you know a really good welder, and he wasnt afraid of burning bike down, maybe v-max pipe would work--- cheaper to have regular exhaust shop make custom set from scratch , or buy predator/mac or other existing setup
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Night Vision

I was thinking that the ass end of a seca 400 exhaust would be a closer match than the vmax, but you'd still have to fab... why bother?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kiawrench

our downfall on easy to fab exhaust is the rear cylinder, and frame space, there just isnt any room for a good exhaust man to make a reasonable working set-up.

i have tried independants, race shops and one dirt up custom shop,, still have a few more to check,,,, hoping to get one good working custom stacked pies, over and under type , on each side , with adjustable baffles and very easy bolt on application.   also looking for jimmie hoffa--- which one will i find first ??   still trying .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

Quote from: kiawrench on January 05, 2007, 08:43:46 PM
our downfall on easy to fab exhaust is the rear cylinder, and frame space, there just isnt any room for a good exhaust man to make a reasonable working set-up.

i have tried independants, race shops and one dirt up custom shop,, still have a few more to check,,,, hoping to get one good working custom stacked pies, over and under type , on each side , with adjustable baffles and very easy bolt on application.   also looking for jimmie hoffa--- which one will i find first ??   still trying .

Dual MACS.... two over and under on each side.  I'll bet that'll sound darn good. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)