News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Who is out there???

Started by Tiger, January 01, 2007, 09:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Welcome to 2007... 8) Who is logged on to-day... ??? How did you/are you celebrate the on-set of 2007... ??? Are we ALL "Alive 'n Kicking"... ;) So don't just read this, come on in and say HELLO... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

smknjoe1964

Hey Everybody and Tiger Too ! Hope everyone is felling good today ! My sister in law and her boyfriend came in from Colorado last night and we went and partied at a club and went for breakfast at midnight and had a Blast !  Happy New Year Everyone !!!

Walt_M.

Happy New Year and welcome 2007! I talked with my brother in Ohio yesterday and my 'V' is coming home next weekend. My Dad is not happy here in Florida so he is going back to Ohio. My brother Jeff and I are going to meet in north Georgia next Saturday and do the exchange, Dad for the Vision.
Just got back from my New Year's day ride, put an easy 30 miles on the TDM and it started raining about 15 minutes after I got home, timing is everything.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MotorPlow

I went to bed about 10PM.
Now I am just waiting for the rain to stop, then I will go for a 3.5 mile run.
This afternoon, I will go for a New Years ride on my Vision... Something I do every year on New Years Day.

Brian Moffet

I didn't make it.  I died last night.  I went to bed around 11:59, and then the grim reaper was starting me in the face at midnight.  Funny thing, I thought I hard a babies laugh, sort of an evil chuckie thing if I were to describe it.  Anyway, I'm in purgatory now, thank goodness there are a lot of Starbucks on Earth, I can pick up the wireless signal still so I can type this.

h2olawyer

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Toasted in the new year at home last night - I avoid going out on "Amateur Night".  Not really one for the big crowds anyway.  Watched the Prairie Home Companion New Year's show on PBS.  Lots of good bluegrass music!  ;D  Will be having a great meal later today - steak & lobster.  Mmmmmmm!

May this new year find everyone in good health & finding time to get out & ride those Visions!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) Gotta tell you folk's, Cathy and I went out, with friend's, and had a blast... 8) We only went as far as the Legion Club...about 300 yard's from our place...NO CAR, Taxi, etc. First time we have been in there for a year or so, in fact its the first time in 7 year's that we have gone out on New Years Eve... :o Anyhow...there where about 60 to 70 people there, a decent d.j. and a great buffet table. I had 7 pint's of good old Guinness, a load of great food and danced my wee leg's off... ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D... ;) No body got p****d out of there tree, no obnoctious drunk(s) to contend with and nooooo trouble....Just a bunch of fun people. Got home around 2am, jumped into bed and died. Got up at 7.30 and have lain around like a contented old dog aaaaaaaall day. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, piss ooooooh, sorry I ment peace and happyness to you all... 8)
SPORT'S EXTRA: My soccer team in England...Sunderland A.F.C...Won to-day, as did the Toronto Maple Leafs... 8)...Great year, so far... ;D ;D ;D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kevin

Happy New Year!!! We went to a buddy's house last night. Ate too much food and watched old video movies (transfered from 8mm) of the late seventies when the King City Dirt Riders rode a annual river to river ride, the Ohio to the Mississippi. It was a 2 day ride, My Wife says she misses the smell of castor oil. ;D The days of taking off and riding across a state on a dirt bike are over. I've spent the day working on Vision luggage racks. :o

Mutt

Happy New Year everyone! We had the usual garage party with steamed shrimp, steamed oysters, New York and filet mignon steaks and lots of different types of brews. Some of the best came from our neighbors to the north...LaBat and Molson's. Lots of champaign flowing...and good music, mostly beach music.

And...Happy 25th anniversary year to our beloved old bikes! Looking forward to CO this June! I hope my new employer will let me off. I'd hate to have to quit.  :)

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Night Vision

Quote from: Mutt on January 01, 2007, 08:42:09 PM
Happy New Year everyone! 

And...Happy 25th anniversary year to our beloved old bikes!

yes indeed...

last year seemed to be an inevitable mix of good news and bad...

on one hand we were fortunate to have new members, new additions to families, a new ROV'er of the Year....

on the other hand we were unfortunate in regards to members going down, some health issues, and a few rats jumping ship   >:(  :'(  ;)

Let's resolve to make this a safer, healthier and happier new year!

and we all know what makes us happy..... ride on!  ;D

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Scott_Mc

Quote from: Mutt on January 01, 2007, 08:42:09 PM
Happy New Year everyone! We had the usual garage party with steamed shrimp, steamed oysters, New York and filet mignon steaks and lots of different types of brews. Some of the best came from our neighbors to the north...LaBat and Molson's. Lots of champaign flowing...and good music, mostly beach music.

And...Happy 25th anniversary year to our beloved old bikes! Looking forward to CO this June! I hope my new employer will let me off. I'd hate to have to quit.  :)

Mutt  :)

Sounds like quite a party!

25th Anniversary...hmmmm, never really gave that a thought. That makes'm  officially antiques :o. Crap, I graduated in `83 so I guess I'm next ;D :D

Happy New Year guys (and girls!) Let's keep it on two wheels ;)!
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

dj

Happy New Year to all the ROV family.

I went over to my parents house with my family and had our late Christmas party/New Years party.  It is our family tradition that Christmas everyone stays home and then on the weekend after all of us kids bring our kids over to the old farts place for our family christmas party.  The kids had a blast.

We always spend the night so if we do have any "adult beverages" we don't have to drive and also so we don't have to get on the road with all the idiots that don't plan properly and set up DD's.

I hope every one had a great and safe time.  And I pray that everyone has a safe and happy New Year.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

haunter

I snagged a hotel room and stayed in with my girl, pizza for dinner, delivery of course, and no driving, got on the road back home at noon, figuring all the super hungover people from last night would just be stirring finally
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

don_vanecek

And I'm one of the people who delivered the Pizza's that night, had a good busy night, decent tips, need that money to make it to Colorado in June!

hfarley

Happy Belated New Years! Hubby and I spent a nice qquiet evening at home. Hubby made a wonderful dinner of filet mignon, baked potatos, and salad. I had sparkling grape juice and he had champagne. I made it all the way until 10:30pm before I just collapsed into bed.  LOL! Hubby on the other hand made it up well past midnight. Was a nice quiet, much needed, last New Years with just the two of us.
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

YellowJacket!

Happy New Year to all....a little late.
Its been a busy week.  I have been at work a lot.  You would think eople would try NOT to get sick over the holidays but it seems as if we are in our busiest time yet.  I have also had my son over for the week.  We all went to play airsoft today.  If any of you haven't tried it, its a lot of fun.  We donned our cammies, charged up the batteries and went to my sons friends house.  He has several acres of farm land and has set aside on area for us to paly airsoft at.  They built a very convincing "terrorist training camp" with canvas buildings, bunkers, etc.  We divided up into two teams and played capture the fort.  Of course, my son didn't tell me that he had upgraded his gun to over 450 fps and alas, I look like I have a bad case of chicken pox.  Note to self: never charge the fort with an empty clip of ammo......dohhhh
Anyway, aside from that, we have been visiting family and doing other things.  Its funny with all this warm weather I could actually be out riding.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)