News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Eating my password

Started by jefferson, January 09, 2007, 04:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefferson

Why does my password work for awhile and then it won't, and then it works again. I finally gave up and logged in under a different username that I used to use until it quit taking my password. Is it just me or does this happen to everyone. It is very frustrating when you can't get into the sight because of some glitch.

Jeff

YellowJacket!

Hi Jeff,

It must be you.  I haven't had any problems with any of the three PC's that I usually log on from.  It could be an issue with the way you have your browser set up to handle cookies, your firewall if you are using one, or the type of browser you are using.
I'm using IE 7 with my security settings on "medium high".
Try setting your security settings on low and see what happens.
Sorry for the trouble.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian_Matthewson

Happens to me all the time...I used to be able to get straight in, now it's completely unpredictable as to whether I have to key in my password, login twice or ?
Not a big deal..I always get in but it's kinda strange.
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Walt_M.

No problem for me either, also using IE7. I used to just stay logged in but IE7 put the kibosh on that!
Whale oil beef hooked!

h2olawyer

No problems here - always logged in & IE7.  Making the move from 6 to 7 didn't cause me any problems regarding staying logged in.  Maybe you need over 2,000 posts . . .

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

i may have your solution--- this site is set up for your password , encrypted and safe from most sneaky types,,,, but it is also protected from accidental keystrokes! 
     some quick notes that may be your trigger point:
password is case sensitive    if was first in lower case, it must always be lower case
everyone will ,at times ,hit the space bar after typing password,,, the site sees it as another part of the password and will kick it back -- be careful not to hit spacebar after typing password!!!!
visibility will get you kicked back-- be sure you can see what you are typing when entering a password,,,, trusting touchtype is asking for trouble
speak and type programs , like dragon software systems , is almost always a problem with most forums sites--- you can say one thing, and it will type what it "heard"  ie,, say six, type fix   etc.

lastly -- the password box hates the tab key   sometimes it works correctly, sometimes not-- even a computer has bad days .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .