News:

Main Menu

project completed

Started by GT @ oh., January 14, 2007, 11:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT @ oh.

Well I finished..... the starter clutch bolts,shifter seal,and starter seal.     It all went pretty smooth     the hardest things were getting the starter apart and getting the flywheel back on (key kept wanting to pop out).Thanks to all ;)           Have a q about windshields      I am 5'11 and am wondering how tall of a shield I should get..... is taller better?.......do you think that g-force shield would make a big difference as far as pushing the wind out of the way?......or......  will the turned up edge be more effective?

Lucky

I have a taller windshield with a slight upturn at the top (from Humber in Poland) i have almost no head buffeting and the wind turbulance hits just above my eyes.  not much noticable even with the shield up.  i have a bit of wind noise with the shield down but i think that's more my helmet.  my chepo helmet never gave me any wind noise.  go figure...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Helmets may make as much difference as windshield height.  I have the stock windshield on my full fairing.  With my HJC helmet (CL-14) I had lots of buffeting & rumble.  With my Shoei RF-1000, the buffeting is minimal & the rumble is greatly diminished.  I still may try a little larger windshield, but it is now more for cosmetic reasons than comfort.  The stock shield has some deep scratches & is quite yellow.  I want to get something either light smoke or colored to complement the new paint (when I finally get that done).

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.