Dennis Kirk is a really nice guy

Started by Night Vision, January 11, 2007, 10:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

just wanted to share this in case you ever run into something similar.....

ordered another set of progressive springs and All Balls tapered bearings from DK, this time for the project bike ....

it'll be awhile before I install them, but I wanted to get them ordered and in hand before any '07 price increases (lots of sites use the new year to triggger price increases, especially for parts imported from Europe because of the strength of the Euro)....

anyway.... figured since I wouldn't be using the parts for sometime, I thought I'd check to make sure they were all there.

guess what? the stem bearings were missing an oil seal  ??? .. would'a sucked if I found out six months from now...

called them up same night I got them, luckily the oil seals come in a little cellophane pack with a part number on it, gave them the part number and they ups'd one to me a couple days later.

Thanks Dennis  ;)

Moral of story: check your parts as soon as you get them. even the ones on those damn clam packs

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

Dave & I went thru the stem seal thing when we did ours (both bikes) this summer.  the kits used to contain only one, but the kits are now listed for several bikes, & so contain two, (my kit, bought a year ago had one, Daves, bought in the spring (?) had two)but our bikes only use one.  not realizing this at the time, I had All Balls sent me a second one, but i didn't need it.

anyone wanna buy a worthless seal?, lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

hmmm, I used both seals... where did you use only one?
;D

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

ok, i also used a grease seal on the top cage before I put the "cap and castle nuts" back on. I figured the way it fit snug over the race like the bottom one, that it was supposed to go there..

too bad there weren't better instructions.
;D

YellowJacket!

I have bought many of my parts form Dennsi Kirk and they have been very helpful.  They were very understanding when I ordered the wron carb jets and the exchenge went well.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)