A PROPER VISION

Started by Kevin, February 06, 2007, 11:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

67GTO sent me pictures of his V, I'm posting them here so everyone can see this bike. I LIKE IT!!! 

67GTO

Thanks Kevin!

I took ps2's advice and set up some pictures on Photobucket

I included a picture from the garage it sat in for several years and one I
took when I got it home and washed it.

( I couldn't help posting two pictures of the GTO :))

http://photobucket.com/     Look for "dansgto67"
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

h2olawyer

Wow - I thought mine was clean & shiny.   :o  That is one beautiful V!!   8)  Looks like I've got some polishing time ahead . . .

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

reckon

nice lookin' bike,......

how come no one paints that rear tail section on these bikes?

(if someone sez "you can't paint that type of plastic", I'll have to post a how to, because you can)

but back to the bike, really nice looking, slightly different red, any info on it? single stage? base/clear?

great job on all the polishing too,....like a million hours,.....I hope it's zooped or glistened:

ZOOP SEAL: http://www.zoopseal.com/zoopseal.asp

or

GLISTEN PC (from POR-15)  :  http://www.por15.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1435/.f

I like the glisten pc that way you only have to put in a million labor hours ONCE
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

zore

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

YellowJacket!

I'm speechless.  That bike is gorgeous!!  You need to take it to your nearest Yamaha dealer and go " Na Na Na Na Na".
Gorgeous, Absolutely beautiful.  I've got a lot of work to do.....

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

67GTO

It's base/clear. My friend's co-worker painted it. I had a chip of the original paint that I took to
the paint shop to match it, but it turned out darker.

The paint is PPG

OEM: WA237L
MBC: 904577C
Red Rock Mica

(used on 2004/2005 Chevy Aveo's)

reckon

wow, I didn't realize thats a red pearlescent color,...that must be just spectacular in the sun.

PPG makes very good paints, I use them all the time

really really nice work  :D
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

don_vanecek

Oh that is nice, nice, nice! 

As a side light, being a bit older then some of the rest of you, I can still remember in 1969 when my friend Tom bought a 1967 Red GTO convertable, white top, white bucket seat interior, 4 speed, I believe it had factory air but I could be wrong on that, about 22000 miles on the odometer, it was perfect when he bought. Of course back in 69 that car was his everyday driver, he soon had over size tires on it, about two years later had an accident with it with no insurance (it of course cost a mint to insure), the car was soon gone. We of course had no idea of the future value or significance of a car like that at that time! I always remember the somewhat stiff ride of the Goat and how nice the Hurst shifter with T handle worked.

Well anyway, back to the present, great job on your V!

Night Vision

props to you  :)

gallery quality pics too!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

louthepou

Very, very, very nice.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Superfly

Very nice!!!

(makin' the rest of us look bad....)
;D
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Riche

Not to make you think there is an echo in here but.. You have done a great job. Very Nice.

I'm sure there are more people than just me thinking "How can I sneak my bike into his garage and so it coming out looking that good?"  :)

Walt_M.

Sweet ride, very nice indeed!
Whale oil beef hooked!

ps2/bikevision

WOW   i think that would give mutt a run for his money. his made mine look like a pos. im not parking my v anywhere near yours, that would make mine really look like crap.

67GTO

I was inspired by the pictures in the Gallery of Fran Mourman's bike and Gert Petterssons.

Look at the close-up shot of the engine on Gerts, it looks like chrome :)

Tiger

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)...SUPERB, ABSOLUTLEY SUPERB. Well done... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

GT @ oh.

WOW is right....... sheesh thats nice.....I'm definitely liking.... the bright colors on these bikes......... your red one.... Tigers orange one.... and Daves yellow one......look great.  Mines stock black but as I need to paint my new full fairing....(do I keep bringing up my fairing :D :D its just that I never thought I would have one ;D )...I could change to another color.....suggestions please 8)  Keep posting those inspiring pics guys.... and the other pics too... you know which ones :-X       Greg

kiawrench

i got a look at those pic of the v,,, then went outside and kicked my truck,,,, the vision runs too good to kick it .

guess i need to start looking at my paint soon too,,, not sure which way to go,, was going flat black, but that just looks like primer all over , thought about bedliner as a overall finish too,,, but the test piece looked like i found it in a dump .

maybe home depot orange, front to rear , sidebags and trunk,,,,,,,, (or is that tenn vols  orange?)
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Quote from: kiawrench on February 07, 2007, 06:51:33 PM
(or is that tenn vols  orange?)

How 'bout "Gamecock Red"?   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.