News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Wish me luck please

Started by GT @ oh., February 07, 2007, 07:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT @ oh.

I go in this friday to be gutted like a pig for a hernia.Bizzare story....went to the doctors for the first time in my adult life... just to start a doctor patient relation.He's starts pushing on my stomach......... like they like to do..... and noticing my hernia.....(which I've had for a good 8yrs dont know how or when never bothered me ever)......so he pushes on my lower left stomach and I tell him that hurts my hernia so he pushes again and I sit right up to let him know to stop.Well I leave a little sore....but by that night I'm in real pain.The next day I'm close to passing out from the constant pain.....after three days I start to feel better.... just when I'm to see the hernia guy...so he starts pushing in my belly button.... of course reaggrivating the thing again.My only other time to a docter was when I was oh..ten and a dog decided it want to chew my face(my upper lip to be exact)and the doctor tells me... he wont be able to numb me and they set to stitching (They... four to hold me still and one to stitch)So this is my luck :( when it comes to doctors. I think he did it on purpose...... cause I turned him down on the rectal exam.   Anyways I hope to be talking at you guys again in a few weeks.        Greg

h2olawyer

Good Luck!

At least hernia surgery is pretty uncomplicated & has been done for many years.  You should be back to near normal fairly quickly.  My dad had that surgery over 30 years ago.  It didn't hold forever, & needed to be redone about 15 years ago.  All fine with it since then.  I'm kind of like you when it comes to doctors.  Only go when I've injured myself.  Never had any need to go otherwise.  A few more years & I may have to change that tune, though.  Trying to hold out three more years - until I hit 50.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

Quote from: h2olawyer on February 07, 2007, 07:45:08 PM
Trying to hold out three more years - until I hit 50.

he.. he.. me too!  funny how people go to the doctor and they find stuff wrong with ya  ::)

good luck Greg... aww heck... ya might as well let them check your exhaust valve while you're in the shop  ;)

I just got my headlights checked... bulbs are good, need new lenses  :P

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

I had the tummy pushing thing a few weeks ago.  I woke up in the middle of the night with probably the worst pain in my chest I ever felt.  Since I just recently had a negative stress test, and being the healthcare professional that I am (Much sarcasam) I ruled out a heart attack.  I had been diagnosed with erosive esophagitis - a bad irritation of my esophagus - following the negative stress test.  Anyway, after putting off the late night visit to the ER (Not at all recomended) I went to my doctor the next day.  Pushed on the ole belly in lots of places, drew some blood and scheduled lots of tests.  The first round of tests came back all good.  But now I have a nuclear med scan of my galbladder (or as W says it nucular), another stress test, which if its negative, I get to go for a heart cath.  And I'll also be going to the GI doctor for a scope of my esophagus.  For those of you who have not had the pleasure of an EGD, its like swallowing a stinkin garden hose.
I refuse to grow old!

Greg, good luck to you and remember, when the Respiratory Therapist comes to you and tells you to do your breathing exercises in order to prevent pneumonia, you better listen. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

67GTO

Had the herina taken care of a few years back. Three small incessions, very fast recovery :)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Lucky

we won't tell you about the twin plumb colored grapefruit.... :o :o :o :o
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

get it fixed, then can ride by spring,, no problem .....

by the way,, i am not allowed to even say the words doctor,hospital or anything remotely medical in my own house,,, seems to bring me some really bad luck .  just ask my garden gnome(who was crushed as i missed the concrete sidewalk when my last trip started )
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

BREWSKI

Sorry to hear about your problem,should have bought my 83 Vision ,pic,s are forthcoming,good luck with your procedure.  Brewski...
GEORGE BATES

GT @ oh.

Well still alive.... but man this sucks.The doc perscribed vicodon?... which made me sick after just two pills(vomiting and shakes for hours just what you dont want after getting gutted.... hope I didnt pop any stiches)...so i've had to indure the pain w/o meds.But anyways...THANKS so much you guys for the support in my time of suffering.When I get back to work and caught up on bills I will help support to both our V sites.                                                ps.. brewski.... I havent ruled you out... pics help.  GREG     

Tiger

8)...Good to see you got thru' the surgery O.K.... 8) In a few week's you'll be on the "V" and life will be pain free and fun again... ;)...for a wee while, at least ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

Good to hear from you on this side of the surgery.  Vicodin sure would make it easier to deal with the post-op pain.  Ask your doc if there's something else that could be prescribed.  There's quite a few  painkillers out there with different formulas.  Something should work.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

BREWSKI

GT2OH , Oxycontin worked for me,but don,t take it for a long period. Brewski....
GEORGE BATES

Scott_Mc

GET WELL SOON> ;)>>Riding weather is not far off!!
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: DaveTN on February 07, 2007, 08:57:05 PM
I had the tummy pushing thing a few weeks ago.  I woke up in the middle of the night with probably the worst pain in my chest I ever felt.  Since I just recently had a negative stress test, and being the healthcare professional that I am (Much sarcasam) I ruled out a heart attack.  I had been diagnosed with erosive esophagitis - a bad irritation of my esophagus - following the negative stress test.  Anyway, after putting off the late night visit to the ER (Not at all recomended) I went to my doctor the next day.  Pushed on the ole belly in lots of places, drew some blood and scheduled lots of tests.  The first round of tests came back all good.  But now I have a nuclear med scan of my galbladder (or as W says it nucular), another stress test, which if its negative, I get to go for a heart cath.  And I'll also be going to the GI doctor for a scope of my esophagus.  For those of you who have not had the pleasure of an EGD, its like swallowing a stinkin garden hose.
I refuse to grow old!

Greg, good luck to you and remember, when the Respiratory Therapist comes to you and tells you to do your breathing exercises in order to prevent pneumonia, you better listen. ;D

David

Hey GT, glad you made it through.  I got my results back yesterday and I have to have my gallbaldder removed.  Apparently my little bile sac is spitting out bile at a rate of only 6 to 9% when it should be doing it at 30 to 45%.  So, now that explains why I feel like crap and that I will feel better.  I'm going to have laproscopic surg.  They stick a bunch of long rods into your belly and fill you up like a beach ball with CO2. :o  According to the docs I should be back in shape in a few days.
So wish me well and I hope you recover soon too.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

hey! start your own get well thread... just kidding...

my wife had the gall bladder laproscopic surg... hope you do better than she did.... she's still cranky  :(

good luck....

I gotta stop hangin out here... you guys a falling apart  :D :D
;D

Scott_Mc

Quote from: Night Vision on February 15, 2007, 08:42:15 PM
......she's still cranky  :(

;)Was she cranky before the operation :P
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

Night Vision

Quote from: Scott_Mc on February 19, 2007, 11:47:17 AM
Quote from: Night Vision on February 15, 2007, 08:42:15 PM
......she's still cranky  :(

;)Was she cranky before the operation :P

yeah, she was, but I keep holding on to the hope that one of these times they'll find and take out the part that makes her crank...   :D

;D