News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Sad news

Started by hfarley, February 08, 2007, 04:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

My husbands grandmother passed away this sunday. At 95 years old she put up a good fight. She finally had enough of this life and decided to go and be with her son and husband. She will be missed a great deal but the memories will always be there. Now instead of running back and forth to be with her we will be running back and forth to clean her house, and things. At at least now things can slow down a bit and we can take our time doing what needs to be done. My husband and I inherited her entire estate and we even realised that some of her furniture would be perfect for the baby's room. It turns out that the set we are going to use in the bay's room was my husbands father's furniture which then became his grandmothers furniture. So we will have a family heirloom in our childs room. It kind of helps dealing with my father-in-laws passing in September and now my grandmother-in-laws passing this month. We have decided to donate the remaining items in he house that we do not want to local charities so that they may too enjoy the furniture and items as much as she did and hopefully make some memories of their own with them.

I am telling you all, I am done with the deaths in the family. This has been one heck of a past year for my family with two grandmothers and a father passing on along with two of my husbands and my beloved pets that were like our children. Although we did have a few joyous occasions mixed in such as my mom getting married and the addition of our newest ferret along with the baby announcement, we are done with the sorrow for awhile. I think we have deserved to take some time off and and just be a family.  I don't know how much riding I will be doing in the near future, but you can be assured that I will not be giving up the Vision. I am sure as soon as the weather breaks I will get that itch again and will be off riding somewhere.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words in the past and I will be around. Probably more as a lurker for awhile but definately still here. This place is addictive LOL!
-Heather

Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

h2olawyer

I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss.  I understand how difficult these times can be & that there are no words that can work magic to make you feel better.  At 95, she had a great run & while still difficult, it is somewhat easier than losing someone much younger.  Take care of yourself, your husband & your soon to arrive addition to your family.  I'm glad to hear you got to spend some time with her in her final weeks.  I'm sure she really appreciated it.  The memories will remain with you and should hopefully make the next phase of your life easier.  Glad you have some furniture and other items from her estate - nothing like heirlooms.

You and your family will be in my prayers.  Maybe now, the sun will shine brighter on you all for a good long time - you've earned it!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

louthepou

Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Tiger

...Our thoughts and prayer's go to you and your's...

TIGER
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

BREWSKI

Ninty + Years is a good life,may her and her loved ones rest in peace,and peace be with you and your family.  Brewski....
GEORGE BATES