News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Mount Question

Started by dminor, May 22, 2007, 07:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dminor

Can anyone tell my what kind of fairing uses these mounts? They will be on the SWAP when I have the answer. ???

h2olawyer

Don -

If the headlight bracket & ears have the two uprights bolted to them, that looks like the shark fairing mount.  The lower part - often called a 'tow bar' looks like it would definitely work with the shark fairing.

I've never seen the sport fairing mounts, so I can't definitively rule that out, but overall, I'm about 98.21673% sure that's for the shark fairing.

Looks like you have the headlight mount attached which is not necessary for the shark fairing - unless the bike it is going on has had the one that came on it removed or damaged.  It's the same headlight mount that comes on every 82 V with or without the shark fairing.  If the upper fairing mount arms are attached permanently, it could be they were welded by a previous owner or it may be the sport mount.  However, with the turn signal mounts on the 'tow bar' piece, I am almost positive it's for the shark.

Hope that made some sense!

H2
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Being an owner of a shark fairing, I must agree. Those are shark fairing mounts.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

smknjoe1964

I would be interested in the one on the top !