2007 OnROV Spring Ride...

Started by Tiger, February 11, 2007, 10:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:o Sunday 11th February, Minus temp's and snow on the ground...No better time to start organizing our spring ride ;) Let me know if your interested and if the information that is set out is good for you...It should give every-one plenty of time to get the cobweb's out of their Vision and themselves ;D :D :D :D

:) Time and Place to meet? ;D

:) Date....Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th MAY 2007
(will revise according to the weather, if required)

:) Time............................9.30 a.m.

:) Place...........................Tim Hortons. Highway 401 and Trafalger Road.

:) Directions......From the East(Trenton,Kingston,Brighton,etc) you head West, right across the top of the city to the west side. Once you get to Trafalger Road , Exit 401 and head SOUTH (turn left !). When you reach the traffic lights,approx' 1/4 mile,? Tim Hortons is on your right, next to a Pioneer gas station.? ?8)

:) From the West (St.Thomas,Sarnia,Windsor,etc) head East on Highway 401. As you reach Milton ( from London,Cambridge,Guelph.....Milton) you will pass Hwy 25,James Snow Parkway and then Trafalger Road. Exit 401 and head SOUTH (turn right !). Tim Hortons is on your immediate right, next to a Pioneer gas station 8)

The ride info'...road's, pit stop's, overnight accommodation, etc, will come as we get further along the line... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

8) Get yer name's down...space's are limited  :o ;D ;D ;D  :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8)...TIGER.......'82 ... :D          

8)...NightVision.......'82... :D

8)...canadianlouie.......'82... :D

8)...wolf.......'82... :D

8)...Kenny.......'83

8)...Dorothy.......'83
                                                  11 VISION'S

8)...Lead_Deficiency.......'82... :D                                  1 x Goldwing-Barry

8)...Brian_Matthewson.......'82... :'(                              1 x BMW-Sandy... :D

8)...LittleBlaster.......'82... :D                                        1 x Honda Magna-Barre

8)...Master J .......'82... :'(

8)...fiddlesticks.......'82... :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Cdnlouie

Count me in! Definitely, something to set our sights on.  We will have to do some route planning and waterhole selection.  We might want to start a bit earlier than 10am as you know how it can be, we end up leaving about lunch time.  We should do breakfast at about 8AM (maybe Denny's on Hwy. 10 just north of the 401 in Mississauga might be a good place to start.

Tossing some ideas out,

Louie

Tiger

:) Nothing is, as yet, set in stone by any means...other than we will have a spring ride ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D
I'm wide open to suggestion's...now, now behave :o ::) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

wolf

....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzz--hnnh?- -'ts zis....an OnROV meet??
Say....Now that's worth coming out of hibernation for! Count me in!---wolf.

Tiger

Good day Mr Wolf, sorry to wake you from your great slumber...now roll over and and dream of soon chasing down Honda's, Suzuki's and Harley's, etc... ;D ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Kenny

Hey John,
     I hope you are keeping warm, we are going through firewood at a great rate(wood furnace).We are both off work on the 19-20th of May,not sure how this happened but we will attend come hell or high water on two V's!
                     Stay Warm  Ken & Dorothy

2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

motoracer8

Somebody on the site made a comment about a Vision getogether in Colorado this year. When ? where ? Do you camp ? are there motels near by ? How many show up for this event ? Some years ago, when the Venture was still in production, there was an event called Vdayze, It was mostly a Venture/ Vmax event, I went to one in New Mexico and about 20/25 Visions showed up. It was around 1990.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

h2olawyer

Ken -

I am organizing a 25 year anniversary celebration for June in Colorado.  The location is Fraser - about 5 miles West of Winter Park.  Lots of great riding in the area including the highest paved through road (Trail Ridge Road over 12,000 ft.) & the highest paved road (Mt. Evans - over 14,000 ft.) in North America.  Also, a long day riding over the Snowy Range Road in Southern Wyoming.  Not to mention Berthoud Pass, Loveland Pass, Willow Creek Pass and other great rides as the group(s) see fit.

Dates:  June 17 - 23, 2007.  I am currently negotiating with a property management company for reserving condos.  As soon as I have firm prices and deposit info, I will post it.  Look for more details in the next week or two.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

motoracer8

H20

There is a AHRMA event I go to in Steamboat Springs on June 16/17, mabe I can kill two birds with one stone. Keep me infomed.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

h2olawyer

Will do -

End thread hijack.  Sorry for the detour!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: Kenny on February 19, 2007, 08:12:35 PM
  Hey John,
     I hope you are keeping warm, we are going through firewood at a great rate(wood furnace).We are both off work on the 19-20th of May,not sure how this happened but we will attend come hell or high water on two V's!
                     Stay Warm  Ken & Dorothy

8) Hey guy's,
Great to "hear" from you... 8) Keeping toasty, thank-you...I just turn up the thermostat a wee bit ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) Pleased to know your going to make it...your room is ready, at "The Tiger Hotel"... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

8) This year, I will have some usefull "PRIZES" to award...1st "V" to turn up on the day, best looking "V", best dressed rider ;D, farthest traveled "V", Etc, Etc.....More info' as we get nearer the day... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Lead_Deficiency

As long as the V isn't too jealous and is willing to fire up, count me in.  ;D

Night Vision

great!! where's Squid been? how about Fiddlesticks? She got her V sorted out last I knew
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian_Matthewson

I'm a "maybe" for this ride...have to get the V reassembled, check out the shoulder for long rides. If I can get all that done, I'll be there.
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on February 23, 2007, 10:52:30 PM
great!! where's Squid been? how about Fiddlesticks? She got her V sorted out last I knew
Haven't Heard a word from them or Blurred Vision, as yet... ??? ???

Tiger

Quote from: Brian_Matthewson on February 24, 2007, 08:18:58 AM
I'm a "maybe" for this ride...have to get the V reassembled, check out the shoulder for long rides. If I can get all that done, I'll be there.
Brian

Brian,

We'll fix your "V"...you can look after the rest ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Brian_Matthewson

Quote from: Tiger on February 24, 2007, 12:38:23 PM

Brian,

We'll fix your "V"...you can look after the rest ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
[/quote]

Thanks Tiger...when I get the reassembly started, I might take you up on that!
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.