News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Hi form east europe! :)

Started by Stuman, February 13, 2007, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuman

Hi! My name is Stoil i am 19 years old and my english is not verry good...haha  ::) I am form Bulgaria (East Europe  ::)). This forum is verry helpful and answers me a lot of questions and problems around my RK model.  :)
Last year i bought my Yamaha XZ550. Actually I have not much money and i searching something cheap. Then i saw him. He was bured under the snow in one autohaus (second hand car dealership (sorry i don't know the word)). He was imported from italy and for his years looks really good but it isn't working. Actually 3 years without oil in the engine on the sun, rain...snow...(50ml when i'm drain it), mud in the gastank, damaged TCI unit, mess of cables... I took the risk and bought it only for 500 euro. And then the hell began. 3 months me and my  father fought for his life. New stator, relay-rectifier form TDM 850, repaired TCI just for 1 bottle of wiskey...hahaha...a lot of nerves and a lot of batteries and one cold night i heard his voice. Until now 10000km without seirous problems.
Aaaaaaaa i love my XZ. I love old motorcycles. They have got style and they are cool and verry durable. To ride a XZ is much more fun then modern bike. Always with smile on my face.  :)
That's the one motorcycle in my city. I think in my country there are 3 or 4 of them.
I am verry verry happy now, when i saw all this bikes in this forum. They are verry beatiful and shiny!

Here You can see my bike and me.  :) : http://bikepics.com/yamaha/xz550/85/pics.asp

YellowJacket!

Hi stuman and welcome to the Riders of Vision family! ;D

First, your english is quite good.  I looked at the pictures that you posted and that is a fine looking bike you have.  The scenery is pretty good looking too.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

ps2/bikevision

welcome Stuman, a bottle of wiskey to repair the tci, now thats a good deal. it sounds like you had your work cut out for you with this one. if you can bring a vision in that kind of shape back to life then you should fit right in here, and not have a problem keeping it running for a good long time.

Tiger

:) Hi Stoil and welcome to your new and extended "family". We are ALL here to help each other get the very best from our Yamaha xz550 (Vision, here in North America). You have done a really good job resurrecting your ride, congratulations. I had a vacation in Bulgaria..."Sunny Beach"...about 14 year's ago.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

Hello Stoil, and welcome...

Sophia looks like a beautiful place to ride your XZ550.

You did a lot of work to your motorcycle, and you should be proud.
Getting parts in Bulgaria is probably not very easy...

here are some other XZ550 websites that you may want to visit...

www.xz550.com
www.xz550.nl
www.xz550.de

they all have links to other websites too  :)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

don_vanecek

Welcome Stoil!  Isn't it amazing some of the Visions that have recently appeared!  I'm glad to see from your riding pictures that you have also invested it some good riding gear.

Now I'm sure there are some people that weren't this fortunate, but it appears most of these V's are refurbished without having to touch the V's internal organs, I mean taking the crank out, pistons off-going really deep into the engine (all the external problems are enough expense and work!). And that's in spite of some of the long periods of time these motors have sat around.

h2olawyer

Welcome Stoil!

Great looking bike!  It looks like you have some great riding in Bulgaria.  I agree with you about riding the older bikes.  Another great thing about the XZ550 Vision is that you don't see very many others so people are curiuos about it and want to know more.

The engine internals on these bikes seem to be very strong.  Paul (in Canada) had a camshaft snap & acouple others have had to dig into their engines at least once but in general, the engine appears quite durable for many miles.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Stuman

Thank you people for the good words.  :)
I am suprised some of you know my country. Actually she is verry beatiful and now flourish. Only most of the roads are in bad condition. There are a lot of holes. But we have 500 years otoman's slavery. The all progress were stopped. We were liberated only before around 100 years. A lot of changes in the government, еconomical crisis, corruption... BUT i can say: Bulgaria is a small nature heaven.

Yes Sunny Beach...haha...now he looks verry modern. With a lot of new hotels. Verry good place for rest.

I take care for my safety and life...and bones  :D. Thats the reason i wearing these heavy and swety leather clohtes. I prefer not my skin to slip on the road when i fall down.  :)

In Bulgaria is a hard work to find spare parts for motorcycles especially for rare bike like XZ. Here i can't find even airfilter! I order it from Germany. The new stator is form Great Britan...
Actually for the oridanry bulgarian this is expensive pleasure even an old motorcycle. The pays are low (around 200 and 500 EURO). For example - 1994 Kawasaki ZZR600's prise is around 2000EURO. The gasoline is expensive - 0.80 Euro for 1 liter, during the summer 1-1.10 euro.  :(
The most important thing is the desire not the money!  :) When you wish to ride you will find or save the money for one bike or trip.  :) 

Here we have a motorcycle who's made before 20 years. It call's Balkan - like the mountain. I have one of them. Hahaha 5 days repairing and 1 day riding but it is verry funny.  ;D
Last winter i ride in the forest my Balkan with 2stroke 50cc engine and i sunk like Titanik in one frozen swamp. The ice cracked and i sunk inside...hahahaha...it was funny. The engine suck mud and water and blocked. When i opened it - the crankshaft bearings were blocked and one piston ring missing. The cylinder and the head were on good condition for my suprise. hahaha And what's cost the all repair? New piston, new piston rings, new crankshaft bearings, crankshaft bearings seals, full engine gasket set - 15 euro (20$) . hahahahaha  ;D
Balkan 50 >>>> http://bikepics.com/pictures/801536/

Regards and happy St. Valentine's day!  :)

P.P. On this day (14.02) we have natinonal vine feast.  :)  Soooo...cheers!  ;D

don_vanecek

Say can you tell us alittle bit about your mufflers and luggage rack? Never seen that set up before. Looks like some bag mounts also.

Really nice pictures!

Stuman

Quote from: don_vanecek on February 14, 2007, 05:53:37 PM
Say can you tell us alittle bit about your mufflers and luggage rack? Never seen that set up before. Looks like some bag mounts also.

Really nice pictures!

I bought the bike with this mufflers and luggage rack. One entirely thing i know for the mufflers - they are not stock. With them the bike sounds like roaring american v8...aaaa not just like v8 (on idle) but verry closer sound (maybe like small v8  :P), especially when you stay behind the bike. ;D It's verry cool. ;D I don't know what's the sound with original mufflers.
The luggage rack is for Krauser K1 system, but pity i don't have them and here in Bulgaria there's no way to bought. I must order them form west european ebay shop. But now i save money for neu fornt tyre because it is old. Аlternative i bought a tanksack again from Germany. Actually all my equipment are ordered from Germany.. :-\

And thats the new place for my relay-regulator with aluminium radiator. On the right side of him is attached the temperature sender unit. (Above the right bolt):

Thats the instrument who show's me the temperature of relay (it has got a clock and air temperature function). On the left side of the picture you can see my "Car battery analyzer". He show's me the battery condition and charging value. Thats the way to keep an eye on all charging system.

The reason for all things is overheated reley (the original place is behind the exaust pipe) and burned stator in the middle of nowhere one hot night this summer. I even don't note this until next morning i pushed the starter button...only "bzzzzzzz" i heard. :( The aftermath - neu stator and relay.  :'(

The muffler and the way they are connected (on the other side there is other joint like this):

It is whole system, like the original. They are not only single mufflers.

Regards!  :)

don_vanecek

Wow, what an interesting RR! We may need to learn some more things from our European counter parts!  Thanks for sharing these items with us.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: don_vanecek on February 15, 2007, 09:37:55 AM
Wow, what an interesting RR! We may need to learn some more things from our European counter parts!  Thanks for sharing these items with us.

Looks like it is bolted onto a large CPU heatsink without the fan.

I like the pipes too as well as the luggage rack....nice!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

BREWSKI

Welcome Stoil to Riders of Vision,thanks for sharing the great ideas Brewski...
GEORGE BATES

Night Vision

;D

Stuman

Yes, my pipes are the same like these in ebay.  :)
The RR is form Yamaha TDM 850. The heatsink is form CPU, but with modified shape. It is attached to heatsink with 2 bolts and thermopaste for CPU between them. Actually whole system works perfect even in rainy weather - no problems. With this gauges i am like reborned.  :)

Regards!

P.P. European versions are with dual disk front brakes.  :P

Night Vision

Stuman, the TDM 850 stator will also fit the XZ550.

You may have to cut the wires and use the XZ550 rubber grommet and plug / connector... or solder stator wires to the R&R....

if you can get parts from TDM 850 parts bike, see if the stator is for sale for extra part or spare for yourself.
;D

Stuman

Hi there!  :) I am very happy! :D Yesterday traveled 350km (wow in 90% of the time my speed was 120km/h and the fuel consumation - 4liters per 100km  :D) to bought a second hand cuitcases for my luggage racks.  :D Now ramanis only the tanksack and i can hit the road this summer like a real tourer.  ;D Here's the photo's: http://bikepics.com/pictures/818939/ http://bikepics.com/pictures/818938/

My another questuion is for the motoroil. What is better for XZ? Semisintetic 15W50 or Mineral 20W40? Now i'm driving with Motul 5100 Ester 15W50 semisintetic and i'm pleased.  :) Thank you!

Regards!  :)

Coil Coyle

Stuman,
            Thank you for joining us in keeping XZ Yamaha's alive.
He is beautiful 8)

;)
Coil

XZv2

Hello, Stoil, welcome to this forum. Great that more European XZ riders come to this forum. Must indeed be a problem to find spares in Bulgaria!
Your bike is beautiful.

I think your bike, originally sold in Italy, is a Euro version, not an RK.  The engine/frame number of the Euro version starts with 11U.
If it was sold new with this fairing, it probably was sold as XZ550S (see picture of original folder at xz550.nl topic "the different XZ models). However, the tank of the S version is white and red and most have a red back light cover.
According to the Yamaha XZ550 Service Manual the Euro version was sold in 12 countries: France, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Switserland, Sweden, Austria, Norway, Finland, Germany England and Italy.
So, even if Yamahas were sold new in Bulgaria in the 80's, no XZ were sold and no spares were at the importer's. If there are Yamaha motorcycle dealers now in Bulgaria, they probably can order spares from the Yamaha spares depot for Europe, if you give them the part number.
Good luck, keep the XZ in fine shape.
XZv2

MotorPlow

Quote from: don_vanecek on February 14, 2007, 05:53:37 PM

Really nice pictures!

That looks like the same luggage rack and bag mounts that I have on my Vision. Mine's made by Krauser with Krauser Hard Bags. I like it.