News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Engine mounting lug

Started by turbovision, October 06, 2004, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbovision

On my 82 vision,located on the engine crankcase just below the starter motor,there is what appears to look like an engine mounting lug that connects to nothing,Does any one out there know what the function of this for  ??? Mabye it has something to do with the 83 model.
Thanks
Jim Ruska

Sable

This is where the case savers mount, here and the lugs between the cylinders.

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

turbovision

;Dand here I though its was nothing more than an engineering anomaly on behalf of yamaha.
Jim

louthepou

You've got it backwards, Jim. The anomaly on the Vision is everything EXCEPT the case saver mounts!!  ;D
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Lucky

I thought it was there to hold various accesories while servicing the engine: spare stator, carb rebuild kit or drink holder! lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Ron_McCoy

You mean its not for the training wheels? I guess I'll have to
find another place to mount mine. ;D

Superfly

Is it the mount for the crash bars?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

Come on you guys.... :-/
It is to knock out critters that get past the front wheel.  ;D
Half Mad Max

turbovision

Well You Know;
In all seriousness, It seems as if a different frame design was intended for the Vision and then changed to what we now have after the engine design was finalized.
Anyway thanks for he great imput
Jim

louthepou

OK, I'll be serious for a few seconds.

I have engine guards, and yep, the holes under the engine are used to mount the guards. There.

But... the chicken or the egg? Were the holes designed to hold the guards, or were the guards designed that way because of the presence of these strange holes ??? C'mon, Sculy, Mulder: get to work.

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic