yup my luck still stands.

Started by ps2/bikevision, February 15, 2007, 08:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

well i was finally able to go back to work today. the shifter in my dads truck broke friday and they finally got it fixed today. then before we could even move one unit, i heard a noise under the hood. i got out and could smell the burning bearings in the alt. put my hand on it and it was burning. luckly one of my dads friends who has been filling in for us carries a spare alt. in his truck (same alt.) so we swaped it out in the parking lot. hit the key and it just groaned like the batteries were dead. after about 15 min of trying to jump it, i climbed under the truck with a hammer (aka starter rock) and smacked the starter while my dad had the key turned. all i got was sparks flying out of a vent hole in the starter. so not only did we spend a weeks wages to get the shifter fixed, and looseing a weeks wages not working, were gonna spend almost another weeks wages paying for a new starter and alt. 

we were able to finally go to work at 3 and worked till 6. the fun didnt stop after fixing the truck. all this snow we got made it just so much more fun to hook up to the campers. any of them facing the west had drifts 4" high which i had to shovel through to get to the hitch. 

i hope my luck changes cause i got to move all my stuff out of my apt. saturday.

Walt_M.

Thank you for that ps2. I thought I was having a bad run of luck but my stuff is minor compared to you. I feel better. Hope things get better for you.
Whale oil beef hooked!

kiawrench

i never liked snow ,at least not in amounts more than a couple feet--

i lived in that stuff for about a year straight,,, (military assignment) and so far i dont miss it a bit
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

ps2/bikevision

well just to add insult. today i had to move out of my apt. the truck was back up and running with many new parts. about 20 miles into the trip north my dad looks down and notices that the starter switch that i had to instal over the summer was left on, which means for the last 20 miles the starter has been spinning with the engine. so all day we were afraid to shut the truck off. and we are letting it run all night until we take the uhaul trailer back tommarow. then well turn the truck off and see if we fried the new starter. the only good thing is if its fried it wont cost anthing to get a new one.

if it wasent for bad luck.   

other than that the move went very smooth. i even ended up with more help than i thought to help pack up the trailer.

Lucky

Did you know:

that you can hit the starter button on the Vision all you want while the bike is running & not hurt a thing?  because the engine turns faster than the clutch, they never makes contact, so the starter free-wheels.

i use this trick to trip "red" lights with the buried wire.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ps2/bikevision

thats a good one lucky. i would of never thought of that.

after dropping the uhaul off today, we got home and shut the truck off. sure enough the starter is fried. and with all things pertaining to me, the part store where we got the new starter is closed on sundays. go figure. so we get to mis another half a day of work on monday.  with the way things are going im not even going to look at the vision. it might deciede to spring an oil leak or somthing. :D