YICS fabrication info-update (UPDATED)

Started by reckon, February 16, 2007, 07:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

Forget the carb boots, get on the gas tanks! I'm placing my order now! Great job on the YICS.

The person that designed the YICS also designed the stator I'm sure.

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

YellowJacket!

Quote from: roro on March 26, 2007, 12:31:40 AM
Nice job ! I almost wish I needed a new YICS.

Oh young Visionary, you don't know how badly you have just awakened the Vision Gremlins/ ;D  ;D  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

dj

What is the cost on these new YICS?

I think the group needs to come up with a new acronym for these in recongnition of Reckons accomplishments.  It just doesn't do it justice to keep calling them a YICS!   ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

YellowJacket!

Quote from: dj on March 26, 2007, 11:28:11 AM

I think the group needs to come up with a new acronym for these in recongnition of Reckons accomplishments.  It just doesn't do it justice to keep calling them a YICS!   ;D

I first did the copper pipe "UYICS" or updated YICS.

We can call Reckons "RYICS" or Reckons YICS.  ;D

David

dj

I did some looking around online and YICS seems to stand for Yamaha Induction Control System so we could just sub Reckon for Yamaha and come up with RICS (Reckons Induction control System) although we would have to have someone make new covers for them.  ;)

I'm sure someone out there in ROV land could make some covers for Reckons YICS with the new acronym! ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

reckon

Quote from: roro on March 26, 2007, 12:31:40 AM
Nice job ! I almost wish I needed a new YICS.

If you are really going to start making petrol tanks, then I will hold my breath and abandon plans to get mine beaten.

the tanks are a ways off yet,......

even though I WANT to start making them tomorrow, I wont even be able to get some clay work ups done till about midsummer, and the tanks are probably something like next spring.

but a polyethylene tank that will never rust corrode or leak, with a cool ABS cover that looks just like stock, is something I have wanted to do for a long time now.

anyone got any cool gas cap ideas??  I was thinking an aluminum "clip-flip open" like a vintage race car might be cool,.........
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

kwells

definitely a flip cap....dropped mine twice today while refilling
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

I like the ones on many sport bikes today - the ones that look screwed into the tank & fit flush with the contour.  Can get them in many anodized colors.  They are flip up so you won't drop them.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: reckon on March 26, 2007, 08:04:01 PM
but a polyethylene tank that will never rust corrode or leak, with a cool ABS cover that looks just like stock, is something I have wanted to do for a long time now.

Yeah, me too.  I was leaning toward fiberglass for the outside, just because that's what I know (and not very well, taken some classes on airplane building...) 

I think I need to do some surface rust treatment under my current tank, but that will wait until after it's running since the tank is easy to remove.

Brian

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on March 26, 2007, 01:23:49 PM
Quote from: dj on March 26, 2007, 11:28:11 AM

I think the group needs to come up with a new acronym for these in recongnition of Reckons accomplishments.  It just doesn't do it justice to keep calling them a YICS!   ;D

I first did the copper pipe "UYICS" or updated YICS.

We can call Reckons "RYICS" or Reckons YICS.  ;D

David

I thought the original acronym stood for "Yamaha Instant Carb Synchronizer"!  :P

h2olawyer

Or:  Yamaha Induction Control Seepage   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Mutt

H20, I like your's better. It's closer to what actually happens.

YellowJacket!

Kenny

A quick note about fueling- the gas cap fits perfectly on the l/h bar right where the clutch cable passes near the bar. I have used this spot for years and have never had one kiss the ground.
                    Ride safe Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

reckon

Quote from: h2olawyer on March 26, 2007, 11:32:58 PM

H2O

I like YVLS  (yamaha vacuum leak system)  :D

thanks for all the props guys, but I just COPIED what yamaha did, so I can't take credit.

except mine wont leak after 25 years sitting behind the tool shed!  :D
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

h2olawyer

They even leaked a few months after purchase!  At least the Pumpkin came with a good YICS cover.  Will put that on V1 until it bubbles & peels.  Will use the one on V1 on the Pumpkin at least until the new full box / cover combos are available.  Nice work, reckon!

H2O

Night Vision

NOS ones on eBay leaked too  >:( ...but, the the covers sure look nice 
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Night Vision on March 27, 2007, 08:04:18 PM
NOS ones on eBay leaked too  >:( ...but, the the covers sure look nice 

Yup, I know that for a fact.  Came sealed in a Yamaha package.  First thing I did was dunk it and blow through it.  It bubbled more than the bubbler in a fish tank.  Cracked it open and it was clean as a whistle.  Sanded it and bonded it back together with high temp/pressure epoxy and as of yesterday, it is still leak free. (did I just awaken a gremlin?)

David

Mutt

Quote from: reckon on March 27, 2007, 07:26:20 PM

H2O

Let's hope none of us have to test that! I'd be 71 years old. I hope I can still ride then.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Mutt on March 27, 2007, 10:24:19 PM
Quote from: reckon on March 27, 2007, 07:26:20 PM

H2O

Let's hope none of us have to test that! I'd be 71 years old. I hope I can still ride then.

I think Brewski is like 72 and he rides.  ;D

David