News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

teenagers

Started by Kevin, March 12, 2007, 12:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

We fired my sons V up Sat, for the first time this year. It fired up and ran fine, I was surprised. He went riding Saturday evening and dropped it in a parking lot. Broke off the clutch lever I had just replaced, and another turnsignal.  :-\ 

h2olawyer

At least it was only motorcycle parts that broke.  Plus, those are pretty easy to find.  Still, those pesky teenagers sure can be hard on things.   ::)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Minitor911

EXACT same senario happened to me this afternoon; clutch lever snapped and turn signal cracked. Only differance is I can't take credit for laying it down, my buddy took care of that. All's well that ends well though. Found the clutch lever on ebay and James White on here came to my rescue with a turn signal lens. I'm glad no other damage occured.
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

munkyfistfight

Yeah, it's better that the bike gets a trip to the garage instead of the kid to the hospital :-P

Not that I went to the hospital, but one time when I was about 12 years old, my dad thought it would be fun to let me drive his Hondamatic 650-somethingorother around the parking lot where I proceeded to dump it as I came around the corner. I don't think I scuffed anything up, I really wasn't going that fast, but I'll count that as the first time I ever had the handlebars in my hands :-D
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

louthepou

Hey guys, you should stop crashing bikes.

;D

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

kiawrench

Kev-
  We have all been there, done that- buy the kid a pacifier, then make him get back on and ride it right. if he gets scared of it now, he may never ride a bike .

We use the pacifier gift around here, because sure enough, when a bike goes over, everyone gets the i dont need this bike attitude. it just breaks the tension, and sometimes it can be funny.

As long as he isnt hurt, his sister didnt see him fall, and you have not tied him to a trailer hitch, it can be fixed .

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Tiger

:) Kevin,
...Can you get him to drop it on the right side, as I don't have any clutch lever's left ;D ;D :D :D :D :D
Seriously...I hope the only thing he hurt was his pride...The "V" is easily fixable... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

QBS

Some thoughts on some of the above posts:

1) Always carry a spare clutch lever.  You can get home with a broken
    off front brake lever.  Not so regarding a clutch lever.

2) Never ever Never let anyone except you, ride any motorcycle you own,
    Period.  Bad Things always come from breaking this rule.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: QBS on March 12, 2007, 07:45:31 PM
2) Never ever Never let anyone except you, ride any motorcycle you own,
    Period.  Bad Things always come from breaking this rule.

Yup, of the 40,660 miles (or there abouts) I have on my bike, I didn't put on 10 of them.

Brian