Its Surgery Time In Tennessee!

Started by YellowJacket!, March 05, 2007, 08:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

Hey Dave, you don't really know who you are until you're facing the "knife."  I thought I was a real tough guy until facing an MRI this year.  Found out the hard way that I am clastrophobic.  There was no way you were going to get me into a tube with about 4 inches to spare all around and stay there for 30 minutes, at least not without serious intervention.  On an encouraging note, I eventually found a more modern MRI machine (more clearance) popped a few happy pills and it was a piece of cake.  Man, talk about a blow to ego.

So I am totally sympathetic to your concerns, but not to worry, drugs are the answer.  You are going to be so happy you will want them to pull a few more items while they are poking around.

Just keep busy up until the time.  I will be praying for you too (most empathetically).

Louie  ;)

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Tiger on March 07, 2007, 07:11:19 AM
...or mini HAGGIS  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D  :D  :D   :D  :D... ;)

Excuse me!  Some of us are eating breakfast!

Brian

Tiger

Quote from: Vision Rising on March 07, 2007, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: Tiger on March 07, 2007, 07:11:19 AM
...or mini HAGGIS  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D  :D  :D   :D  :D... ;)

Excuse me!  Some of us are eating breakfast!

Brian
::)...at 11.19 a.m.  ???  Hmmmm, HAGGIS lunch, maybe  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

OK y'all.  Whats HAGGIS???????

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

:o Wit...ye dinna ken wit haggis iz laddy... ::) Here is a wee recipe for you to try...

http://webhost.bridgew.edu/sutherland/HumorArchives/haggisrecipe.htm

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Mutt

A choice Scottish dish full of vitamins!  :-X

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Tiger on March 07, 2007, 09:29:33 PM
:o Wit...ye dinna ken wit haggis iz laddy... ::) Here is a wee recipe for you to try...

http://webhost.bridgew.edu/sutherland/HumorArchives/haggisrecipe.htm

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Ugh.  I think my gallbladder just exploded.  :o

David

Brian Moffet

Quote from: DaveTN on March 08, 2007, 05:43:58 AM
Ugh.  I think my gallbladder just exploded.  :o

My wife pointed out that the proper response is:

"How revolting!"  -- Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez

MotorPlow

Ha! Had my gallbladder out many years ago (it was like a bag full of marbles).

Just watch what you eat from now on. Eat the wrong stuff and you could either be doubled over in pain as there just isn't enough bile to do the job or the other extreme is that you suddenly, without notice gotta get to the bathroom to see how strong the porcelain really is. Fun stuff...

The surgery it's self is pretty straight forward.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: MotorPlow on March 08, 2007, 04:50:51 PM
Ha! Had my gallbladder out many years ago (it was like a bag full of marbles).

The surgery it's self is pretty straight forward.

I went in for the preadmission workup today....boy its fun getting poked on by people you know.  I got to meet with the anesthesiologist who is going to be putting me to sleep and hopefully waking me up too.  He told me the doctor that is taking my gallbladder out is "the best" and still holds the record for the fastest gall bladder removal. 12 minutes "from first incision to last stitch".  I told him that he has to go for 11:30 on me.

;D

David

kiawrench

Dave--
      After doing a bit of trial and error  searching, i found that cepacol extra strength sore throat lozenges work decent for the soreness caused by the dr using a itubation thing during surgery- numbs it enough to eat a small bit and get fluids in. for longer period of relief, my guy at pharmacy mixed up a lidocaine spray for me to use, but only while with someone to watch out for me-- it works so good  i could choke, lol
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

Well,
Its off to bed and up at 5am for my 6am arrival at the hosp.  Surg is scheduled for around 8, so say your prayers before then. ;D
I'll be back online again later in the day or tue depending on how I'm feeling.

Take Care All,

David

h2olawyer

My prayers are with you.  Hope all goes well!  Post when you feel like it to let us know how it all went!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Hi everyone and thanks for the prayers and thoughts!!  ;D  ;D  ;D You all are a great bunch of people and friends
I'm back home and all went quite well.  I actually got home just before noon today.  Pain level is tolerable thanks to medication. ;D
I had a really bad nights sleep last night but made up for it during surg and afterwards.

Thanks!

David

Night Vision

hey, glad to hear you're alive!  ..... now don't be farting all day either  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Night Vision on March 12, 2007, 02:11:00 PM
hey, glad to hear you're alive!  ..... now don't be farting all day either  :D

Actually, its the damn hiccups that are killing me... you mean I'm gonna be farting too!???!  ugh.  ;D

David

Night Vision

well my wife said the air pump/gall blader surgery was why she was farting all day

I just assumed that was true.....
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Glad you're out so soon!  Sounds like all went well.  Heal fast so you can get out riding again!   8) ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: h2olawyer on March 12, 2007, 02:40:16 PM
Glad you're out so soon!  Sounds like all went well.  Heal fast so you can get out riding again!   8) ;D

H2O

Thanks H20.
Heal fast, heck yeah.  Its supposed to be 80 degrees here tomorrow!  ;D

NV,  Thats true, they actually fill your abdomen with CO2.  They blow you up like a large beach ball.  It, however, is the abdominal space, not the intestine, so you don't get to fart it out. :o  Most of it is evacuated through a valve that they insert in your belly button....I'm not kidding..and they actually evacuate it that way.  Kinda like untying a baloon and letting it go. 
She just wanted an excuse to fart.  ;D  :o

David

Tiger

Quote from: DaveTN on March 12, 2007, 06:12:22 PM

...they actually fill your abdomen with CO2.  They blow you up like a large beach ball.   Most of it is evacuated through a valve that they insert in your belly button....I'm not kidding..and they actually evacuate it that way.  Kinda like untying a balloon and letting it go. 

;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D I have this mental picture in my head of Dave flying around the operating theater like a deflating balloon...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Glad to have you back bro'... 8)....Sorry, still can't stop laughing :D :D :D :D :D