News:

Main Menu

Its Surgery Time In Tennessee!

Started by YellowJacket!, March 05, 2007, 08:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Tiger on March 12, 2007, 07:06:00 PM
Quote from: DaveTN on March 12, 2007, 06:12:22 PM

...they actually fill your abdomen with CO2.  They blow you up like a large beach ball.   Most of it is evacuated through a valve that they insert in your belly button....I'm not kidding..and they actually evacuate it that way.  Kinda like untying a balloon and letting it go. 

;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D I have this mental picture in my head of Dave flying around the operating theater like a deflating balloon...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Glad to have you back bro'... 8)....Sorry, still can't stop laughing :D :D :D :D :D

Laughter is the best medicine.....c'ept when you're bloated. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Walt_M.

I think this must be some kind of medical prank! Has anyone, besides me, had a colonoscopy(spelling?), twice? I felt like a Macy's balloon, twice! But the last one was a little less painful, better dr. I guess. My wife is not altogether willing to have her second one. I'll bet the doctors just laugh and laugh.
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Walt_M. on March 12, 2007, 09:03:02 PM
I think this must be some kind of medical prank! Has anyone, besides me, had a colonoscopy(spelling?), twice? I felt like a Macy's balloon, twice! But the last one was a little less painful, better dr. I guess. My wife is not altogether willing to have her second one. I'll bet the doctors just laugh and laugh.

Had one a few years ago.  I'd rather have my gallbladder out again rather than go through that again. :o  :o  :o

David

Mutt

Walt, that's an exit portal only!

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

YellowJacket!

Phew, yesterday was pretty rough.  Apparently anesthesia slows down the digestive tract.  In my case, shut it down.  Like nothing out since before Monday.  ugghhh.  Called the doctor yesterday and he recommended some stuff to losen me up and it did in a big sorta way.  double ugh.  Pain has set in now and I'm dealing with that.  Looks like another couple days with pain meds, although I tried to avoid them today.

David

kwells

you just need a good gut shaking Harley to get that all moving
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

Quote from: kwells on March 14, 2007, 06:34:26 PM
you just need a good gut shaking Harley to get that all moving

Thanks,  I'd rather put up with the pain....

Actually, my BIL has a very nice sporster 1100.  His job transferred him to Ohio (we say ohiya down here) and he had to leave the bike here.  Being the loving family member that I am, I offered up some of my garage space for it.  Of course I told him that I'd be glad to keep it running for him too. ;D  Still waiting.

David

kiawrench

hey dave,
  i think the docs use something to bind you up for surgery, slip it to you when you arent paying attention.  mine told me to just wait, fixed on it's own 

now if i could just eat something, it will all be ok
got my stiches out today, one big running stitch, 6 loops a knot on each end- one snip and it slid out of all the holes in one pull- tickled too.

did get ok to ride bike in three weeks, instead of seven - by taking my helmet in and showing how the helmet and neck guard work as one piece.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

Quote from: DaveTN on March 14, 2007, 06:28:29 PM
he recommended some stuff to losen me up and it did in a big sorta way.  David

I'll be standing waaaay over there......-->
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Walt_M.

Kind of like where you would want to be during a nuclear explosion- someplace where you can say, 'what was that?'
Whale oil beef hooked!

67GTO

Dave TN: Did you hear about the constipated mathematician that worked it out with a slide rule? :)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

h2olawyer

I heard he worked it out with a pencil . . .

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.