Main Menu

Getting closer to the season ...who has all their gear

Started by kwells, March 12, 2007, 03:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tiger

8) I've done a three month's stint in hospital...(snapped femur)...off work for 2-1/2 year's, after an R.T.A. (road traffic accident)...The tree is still growing strong !!!... and (in my youth) spent several occasion's/hour's in A & E because of a lack of protective clothing...Amazing how skin disintergrate's, as you slide along the pavement :o  Now...A lot older and wiser...but not much slower... 8)

2 x Full face helmet's,

2 x Jacket's (1 x 2 tone Kevlar & 1 x Kevlar mesh for summer) with armour,

2 x Pants (1 x Leather & 1 x Kevlar mesh) with armour,

2 x Glove's (1 x Leather & 1 x Kevlar mesh), with armour,

1 x Sport style leather riding boot's with shin, calf, heel protection and slider's.

:) Price of self preservation in the event of a spill.......PRICELESS  8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

Total agreement with full safety gear - ATGATT!

2 full face helmets
1 cordura armored jacket
1 cordura armored pants
1 full leather sport riding suit - 1 piece
3 pr. armored riding gloves
1 pr. armored riding boots
1 pr. heavy leather riding boots

Ran into an article while researching leather race & sport suits that stated most injuries from motorcycle accidents (in Europe) were to the feet.  That article led me to buy the armored riding boots.  May not totally prevent the injuries, but should make them less severe at a minimum.  One need only ask ProfessorRex about foot injuries.  The same article said after the helmet, work from the feet upwards when thinking protective riding gear.

Don't know if I'm in total agreement with their statistics since many riders do wear helmet, jacket & gloves with jeans & flimsy footwear.  When so attired, of course the injuries will likely be more severe to the lower extremities.  I'd like to see what the riders who were part of the study were wearing.  However, I am in full agreement that every rider should be in full protective gear when venturing beyond the end of their driveway.

The article was located by making a series of links from WebBikeWorld's site, in their section on leather clothing.  Have tried to find the link but had no success as yet.  Will keep looking and post the URL if I can find it again.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

Quote from: kwells on March 12, 2007, 03:04:30 AM
Of course we have our helmets...
but according to this most injuries our to our legs

I got a scab on my left ear from that Fulner helmet I tried on  >:(

look what else I found... http://ridersofvision.net/forum/xzindex.php?topic=5356.msg45518#msg45518
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Oh yeah - the photo of me sans gloves but with the prototype Showy ST-1000 helmet.  Almost forgot about that one.  The left turning cage zapper is currently undergoing further testing - may be available by 2008!   :D  Hopefully, by that time, they will have minituarized it enough to mount on the fairing so the rider can keep both hands on the bars.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

damn it  >:( now you guys have me looking for boots  :P
wish I didn't throw out the ole Full Bores
;D

kiawrench

just once, i am going to ride like a tourist: no helmet,no shirt, beach pants on(3 sizes too big,) some flip flops and paif of black compression socks,,, so my feet dont get blood clots when i stop moving.... lol  never would do that _ i

dont even work on it with riding boots,jeans .and all external gear close at hand- never know , may have to ride it to check work .oh,, if anyone is looking for them, you can buy the armoured deninm pants from jammin leather -- or about anything you could think of in leather  even thong bikini for your cell phone!! lmao
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Walt_M.

Nightvision, thanks for the flashback! I have actually worn out 2 pairs of Full Bores. Had a pair of Scott plastics, another pair of Full Bores(blue), a pair of some kind of white plastic/leather hybrids, Hi-Points with the metal shin plate and now a pair of AlpineStar Tech 6s. On the street I have a pair of Sidis. And I've probably had twice as many helmets.
Whale oil beef hooked!

h2olawyer

I had Hi-Points when I had the KDX.  Great boots.  Scott made ski boots for a while, too.  They weren't all that durable.  Saw many with the soles broken off.  We called them Scott Disposables (like the diapers).  Despite their problems, the freestyle skiers sure liked them.  They were warm & by far the lightest boots on the market.  When set up with Spademan bindings & The Ski, you had the hot bump skiing setup of the late 70s & early 80s.

H2O

Night Vision

did you know that Puma makes motorcycle boots?

looks like they have lots of ankle and shin protection, but I think I'd go for the optional toe protectors  :o

really, puma does make motorcycle boots.
;D