News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Anyone else hating eDST?

Started by haunter, March 14, 2007, 12:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

I have spent 3 days updating legacy harware systems and windows mobile devices that won't autoupdate due to their age, the 'hour' of daylight after work is not worth this kind of hassle  >:(

and its dark again when I get up for and go to work, its so much harder to crawl out of bed!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Brian Moffet

I spent 6.5 hours on Friday making sure that the doors would open on time for classes on Monday.  Ick. 

Brian

kwells

i Just spent 3 seconds changing the clock on my coffee maker
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

I'm still trying to figure out how to program the clock on my VCR.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

BREWSKI

DST Sucks and blows, Kids going to school in the dark again.Only thing I can think of is some s.o.b is profiting from it,shoppig centers just anounced they are staying open an extra hour.Now we can listen to lawn mower     at 9:00 .WHEW you really pulled my chain  Brewski....
GEORGE BATES

67GTO

Dave TN: Don't you have any black electrical tape ;D
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

ps2/bikevision

Quote from: 67GTO on March 14, 2007, 05:46:08 PM

thats how you fix the check engine light ;D ;D

YellowJacket!

Quote from: ps2 on March 14, 2007, 05:54:34 PM
Quote from: 67GTO on March 14, 2007, 05:46:08 PM

thats how you fix the check engine light ;D ;D

Used it up on my SRS light, all the stinkin blue glowing lites on my PC and peripherals, my external HDD, phone and everything else that needs a stinking green or blue glowing light that lights up my house at night.  :end rant
David

Lucky

That's funny, i purposely mod my cases, & am particularly fond of blue lights (so is Motorplow)  ;D

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kwells

you would love times square...lots of blue lights
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Walt_M.

DST definitely sucks! My body clock knows when it wants to take a dump and now that time is while I am driving to work! Of course this is all my own fault as I was happily retired until January but have voluntarily chosen to go back to work to pick up some extra cash.
Oh well, enough ranting from me. I'll be ok next week, until we fall back! Argh!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Night Vision

I end up staying up way too late messin around on this forum and searching eBay....

...... two of my favorite things    :D

I'll be ok, .. I think .. but then March Madness starts

GO NIAGARA, you big purple eagles... ?? purple eagles  ???
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

In Colorado, we had some highway signs: "Blue Light Means Snowplow"  Since the police went to red / blue strobes about 15 years ago, those have disappeared.   :'(  One of those remember when moments . . .

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

dj

Yeah, eDST has been a pain in the a$$ this week for all the people in my building at work.  I work in communications in the Maine Air National Guard.  We handle all computer, telephone, and radio equipement/problems for the entire base.

Pretty much all day monday was spent reprograming the computer servers to show the right time, making it so that all the computers on base showed the right time, changing the telephone switch so that all the digital phones on base showed the right time, updating the time on the AVTEC (a system that links telephones and radios into a single system with a touch screen controller that allows multiple users to use the same phones and radios)...

We all had a very hectic and stressful Monday.  Under normal daylight savings we had all of this equipment set up to automatically update the time.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

h2olawyer

Now, when the original date for DST arrives, will most of these systems have to be turned back?   ::)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: h2olawyer on March 15, 2007, 12:04:45 PM
Now, when the original date for DST arrives, will most of these systems have to be turned back?   ::)

H2O

Thats a very good point.  I have a wristwatch, alarm clock and a few other "unsupported" timepieces that will probably experience that.
Wonder how many in car nav systems have been or will be effected?

David

kiawrench

unless you changed that little options window to reflect the date /time change to the new dst, the computer will change time again on its own- on the regular day it was programmed to change in the first place, so -yes it may change and yes you will have to go back and fix it again.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

haunter

none of mine will!

fully updated registrys that actually have the new DST start stop put in place of the old...so atleast I have that going for me.

most cars/vcr's etc dont even know what DST is.....
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Superfly

I love it...
I hate getting off work & it is dark outside.
Now it is light untill almost 8!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

haunter

Quote from: Superfly on March 15, 2007, 06:55:12 PM
I love it...
I hate getting off work & it is dark outside.
Now it is light untill almost 8!

but its dark when I get up now and that makes it real hard to drag myself out of bed  :'(

it wasnt dark at 5 here before hand anyways........