News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

More Springtime in the Rockies!

Started by h2olawyer, March 16, 2007, 08:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Just returned from a nice, calm ride around the reservoir that lies along the edge of the mountains West of town.  Was gone for a little less than an hour and covered 40 miles round trip.  Kind of heavy traffic in town & got stopped at every possible traffic light.   ::)

Temps at 5PM Mountain Daylight Time were in the upper 60s.  Roads clear of sand - some on the very edge, but none in the riding line.  Not a lot of motorcycles out - saw five or six.  Tons of bicycles, joggers & cars, though.  Still need to hit a parking lot to practice the slow speed maneuvers & panic stops but it sure feels great to be out riding again.  Even managed to get today's ride on video, too!

Had a request to post a photo of my bike so here are a couple:

You can see more, including the history of how it's looked in the past & a ride video here:

http://home.comcast.net/~h2olawyer/

Another photo & ride video here:

http://home.comcast.net/~rmgrover/

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

gonna change the oil in the sprint and ride some tomorow H..Tire and sprocket on order but wont get here til next week but tires is good enough for a ride. Will go up for some bourding probably sund though.

K
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

67GTO

" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

h2olawyer

Thanks, 67GTO!  The fairing was black when I got it.  Just used Dupli-Color Truck & Van Metallic Grey and glear coat to get it fairly close to the bike color.  Bike is original, unmolested Star Silver.  Helps being the only owner the bike has ever had.  Always stored indoors.  Odometer just turned over 11,900 miles today.  That's what shows - the 83 speedo I installed had aboout 150 more miles on it than my 82 unit so the actual mileage is closer to 11,750.

Was warm enough that my cooling fan ran today.  Guess I ought to get that waterpump seal fixed.  Never used to run as warm as it does now.  Needed to do it for the last three years.  Had some weeping out the hole in the waterpump back then.  Some seal conditioner run through it for a few weeks helped.  Then I drained & flushed the cooling system.  Put Engine Ice coolant in.  Helped it run a little cooler, but still seems to run a little hotter than it did for the first 7500 miles of its life.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

67GTO

I had a silver 78 Toyota Celica. Silver always looks good, even when it's dirty it won't show the dirt.

The contrast between the silver paint and black seat/tires makes it look sharp.
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

don_vanecek

I tell you I'm going to run off the road I'll be so interested in the scenery gee I can't wait for June! Nice pictures and I only looked at the one video (work comp-opps, I take the fifth!)