New To The Vision (Not really anymore, but working it out)

Started by inanecathode, March 18, 2007, 10:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

inane,
get that spare caliper off the gray bike and identify what your specific part of the system is malfunctioning.  Then you'll have a direction to go in if you have to go start spending money.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Aye i'll do that, throw the parts caliper onto my green bike. I suspect it's either the caliper or the master cylinder. I'm leaning towards the master cylinder actually, because if it was a bad caliper it'd be sticking, but the gradually building pressure sounds like theres no pressure relief at the master cylinder. Not totally sure, but i think the small hole towards the brake line on the MC acts as a pressure relief for expanding fluid. I'll stick a wire in there and see if theres anything jammed in there.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

inanecathode

Faring pieces are going up and getting more paint tomorrow, i'll try to find time next week to swap my calipers between the parts bike and my green bike. Anyone have any ideas how to keep the fluid in the line so i don't have that problem i had earlier?

kwells

just put ur finger over the hole..most of the fluid will stay in...then you can bleed easily
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Guess i'd have to ride miss V down there, which means my tank has to be done :o

inanecathode

Tank going on the green bike is done body work wise, its sanded and ready to be primed and painted. Waiting until i can por it to put it on the bike.
Fairing pieces are 'done' as in i'm 'done' with messing with them for a while, they're just turning out to be a huge pain, i have no idea how to fix the underlying finish of the fiberglass so it wont end up looking totally stupid like this:

inanecathode

I've got the big box o por, and kwellz is going to help me por my tanks :D (3 cheers for kwellz!)
I also have the tank totally done body work wise and primed:

Just have to por it, paint it, and it's good to go :D. Painting should be pretty easy, this primer is really thick, super hard, very toothy, and did i mention TOTALLY SMOOTH!?

inanecathode

Kwells pointed out that the body work isnt actually perfectly smooth, it has to be, so i'll be doing more of that. But! Tank is detergented and acided and i'll be poring the tank tonight, so that'll be out of the way.

inanecathode

Someone come do my body work on the mystery machine tank. I've done it twice and its getting old :P

dj

Quote from: inanecathode on July 07, 2007, 01:48:18 PM
Someone come do my body work on the mystery machine tank. I've done it twice and its getting old :P

Third times a charm!!!!  ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

inanecathode

Might do the body work again at some point, but its up and getting painted. I've got a ride to do on thursday so i want it sorta looking alright, i'll take it off and finish it after thurs.

inanecathode

Paint looks pretty wavy where i did the body work but, practice is practice! I've got three coats and a wet sand on the tank at the moment. Using a roller this time for giggles. Seems to be alot more even than brushing, only complaint is is leaves quite a bit of bubbles, have to float over the top of the paint with the roller to kill em. Lookin good so far :D!
Thinking about repainting or stripping my head pieces like glenn has, looks pretty sharp. Thinking i might paint it, but not sure what color. Black i guess?