My /Other/ Projects

Started by inanecathode, March 23, 2007, 02:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

1972 LT2-100 dirtbike i learned how to ride on :D Runs, drives, looks good, and the oil injection actually works!

Eeeeevil suzuki deathbike. Im selling this, because it hates me. Keeps shedding parts, running weird, and scary powerband engagement :o

My xt250 dualsport, blast and a half on the trails, AND you can ride it home :D

(had to put this in, cause it's pretty :D)

Yes, it's exactly what it looks like. It's getting a manual drive engagement this summer so i can use it to push/pull/plow snow when i need to :D 8 horse motor run through probably 20:1 reduction to the final drive :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

YellowJacket!

Is that Suzuki a DS?  Looks like my first bike, a late 70's DS125.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

Nope, it's a TS185 1979 i believe.
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

Kevin

It's a DS. probably a 185 or 250. They all looked alike. They had a nice powerband for riding wheelies. I turned wrenches in the local suzuki-kawasaki shop back in the late 70's. 

YellowJacket!

I thought it looked familiar.  I know about the whelies quite well. My DS was the first bike I ever rode and the first bike I ever did a wheelie on... the first time I rode it.  Snapped the throttle, popped the clutch and hung on for dear life.  Broke the baffle right off the tailpipe.  :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

My first bike ('80 KDX175) was pretty good at wheelies, too.  Was climbing a steep hill on it once, downshifted, gassed it & went right over backwards.   ::)  Didn't hurt the exhaust but sure split the rear fender.  New one was too expensive so I put an aluminum plate under it & riveted the thing back together.  Nothing injured on me - except for my pride.   :-[  Made it up the hill on the second try.   8)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.