Main Menu

How do I...

Started by inanecathode, March 31, 2007, 05:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Go about finding out where to buy a smaller main jet for my xt250?

I know i need a size 160 as apposed to the 165 equipped ( i ride it at 8000 feet and higher ).

The carb is a mikuni if that helps...
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

Dealers may be a pain, but remove the jet you have & take it with you to a dealer.  Show them the jet & ask for the size you want.  That way, you get the right type of jet - there are a couple different styles for Mikunis.  Shouldn't cost too much.  The Yamaha dealer here has a large clear plastic divided box with all jet sizes.  they  just grab one out of the box, confirm the size & sell it to you.  Easy - other than the fact you're at the dealer.  Most independent shops should have them as well.  You might call around first, just to make sure.  They're also available mail order / internet from sources like Dennis Kirk.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.