wont crank

Started by hamptoncarmody, September 20, 2004, 04:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamptoncarmody

hey guys this has probably been covered elsewhere but I really don,t have time to look all over . I started my bike today  it was warm already  it started fine ran a few seconds and cut  out. oil and ign lights on but no current draw. i checked the solenoid and replaced it with goodun no go same with tci ,na ah. suspected clutch switch had a fiddle ,nothin. should I cut the clutch switch wires and rejoin them eliminateing the switch and creating  a circuit. if i  short across the solenoid terminals with a screwdriver she cranks but won,t fire. ive cut the yellow black rev limiter wire long ago. today I did 120 ks with no rev counter I tried to replace a faulty one and pulled it out th wrong way and had springs and pins everywhere and it don,t go at all now could no r/c have caused something to go down . any help would be appreciated

silicon_toad2000

1 thing you could check is the kickstand switch, check it with a meter and make sure its working. You've covered most other things i can think of but I'm sure the guru's here can come up with a few other things.
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

hamptoncarmody

thanks but this is a 400 and doesn,t have a kickstand switch

hamptoncarmody

hey guys it,s fixed . I thought I,d have a look at the obvious. I exchanged the kill /start combination switch and away she went good as gold . I haven,t checked the switches out properly yet but will sometime. thanks   seeya  Alan