News:

Main Menu

Georgetown

Started by motoracer8, April 09, 2007, 07:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoracer8

Took a ride to Georgetown Ca. this morning, A breakfast ride. From my house in Folsom up Salmon falls road, to hwy.49, to Marshal rd. to Georgetown. Lt rain in Georgetown, but not cold.Then south on 193 to Rock road, to Mosquito road, across the one lane wood bridge, and up to Placerville. Then backtrack alittle on hwy49 to Coloma, Lotus road to Dear valley road, to Green valley road, and home, about 75 miles of twisties. Good breakfast ride for a week day not much traffic.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

VisionMeister

Nice!
we're going to have to get together for a ride.
I'm semi retired and so can ride during the week.
I live at Pine Grove.
I've wanted to check out Salmon Falls Rd. but have avoided it because of the negative press the Sac Bee gave it.
I've ridden Mosquito Ridge with Supervision before. Been to Georgetown a few times, Wentworth Springs, Ice House Rd. Most of my riding is in Amador, Calaveras, Tuolumne Counties.
Send me a pm sometime you feel like getting together.
Currently have (2) visions and a Duc 900ss/sp rideable.
If you want to get together for a weeked ride we could go south and hook up with Supervision.

motoracer8

Hey, Any time, I can usally take time during the week with alittle notice. Monday is a screwoff day for me, so I run errons or ride my MC's. Salmon Falls road got a reputation as a road race course 25 years ago, alot of crashes, injuries, etc. It has calmed down alot in last few years, You still see a Canyon Rocket from time to time, but not like it was, Cops, construction, School busses, have slowed it way down, It's a nice road to just ride along on. I am in no big hurry on a street bike any more, I missed alot when I rode too fast.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British