News:

Main Menu

California riding

Started by trialattorney, April 10, 2007, 04:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trialattorney

Where are all the California Vision riders? The rest of the country is jealous of our weather, so why aren't we out riding? Any plans for a group get together in the not-to-distant future?

VisionMeister

I think every one is saving up to make the Colorado trip in June.

trialattorney

You planning on riding your Vision to Colorado? If so,  you are a much braver Vision rider than I!!

motoracer8

Hey, consular, I have riden my Vision form Folsom Ca. to So. Cal, Seattle, Steam Boat springs Colo. Phoenix Az. And many many miles in California. All without a probblem, and will ride it to Colorado for the V Event should it come together. It will never be a collectors item, take it out and ride it.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

reckon

Quote from: trialattorney on April 10, 2007, 04:20:39 PM
Where are all the California Vision riders? The rest of the country is jealous of our weather, so why aren't we out riding? Any plans for a group get together in the not-to-distant future?

I ride mine to work in sunny santa clara almost everyday,.......
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

trialattorney

I ride mine to work weather permitting (except on days I go to court) but taking it half-way across country would never cross my mind. While I enjoy my Vision, it has numerous problems, such as vapor lock, inconsistent idle, etc.. and when I want to ride cross-country (as I do often) it is the Honda ST1300 that hits the road - mostly because I know I'll get there and back without problem. I'm working on making my Vision(s) more reliable and Lucky has agreed to rebuild my carbs on the 83 I'm restoring (and maybe on my 82 also), so maybe I'll be more willing to venture more than 100 miles away from home on a Vision, but I don't see that happening any time soon. I envy and applaud anyone who rides their Vision on the road and am jealous - the Vision is a blast to ride and attracts a lot of attention wherever I go, but it is the getting there and back that seems to be the problem. Ride on you cross-country Visionaries. (Hope you have AAA motorcycle coverage, though.)

Brian Moffet

Mine now has the airbox back on and is awaiting sync-ing.

If you're wondering why this seems like a big thing, you haven't been reading the forum long  ;D

Brian