Main Menu

Basic Specs

Started by Minitor911, April 10, 2007, 10:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minitor911

This is a totoally noob question here, but hey, I am a new so I'm going with it. I'm trying to gather every ounce of info on this bike I can, which I'm absorbing like a sponge. I'm having my carbs re-built, and I was wondering if anyone has just the basic carb needle, jet settings to go by when they are rebuilt? What settings do you all recomend?

Thanks a lot,

Sam
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

h2olawyer

The only adjustments are the mixture screws and the synchronization.  To start, set the front mixture screw at 2.5 turns out from lightly seated & the rear one at 4 turns.  Do NOT tighten the screws down tight at first, just let them bottom out.  Too tight & you can damage them.

The mixture screw settings are just a starting point.  That should get the bike started, but you will have to adjust them after they're on the bike & running.

Good Luck!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Minitor911

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."