News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

HELMETS!

Started by kwells, April 14, 2007, 04:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

So now the season is starting to poke its head through the winter clouds and I've started the talk about the weekend and long range trips I want to take.  Except now Ive been getting some resistance from my girlfriend about the wind she has to endure being on the back.  The trips are mostly on my 01 Sprint.
I have a Highway windshield about 16 inches (stock is around 13 I believe). She wants me to get the CeeBailey 21.5 inch windshield but I think it might be her helmet that is beating her up back there.  She has an Icon Mainframe but while it seems to have better venting than my cheapo Harley helmet it is also at least a pound heavier. 
I was reading a review of some helmets and came across the Shoei X-9 ($400) or what I think is the newer version the Shoei X-11 ($495)
Does anyone have any suggestions how I might appease my pillion?  I want to get on with some 2k mile trips!

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

zore

I replaced my shoei with an HJC carbon.  I'm not sure you'll find anything lighter than that.  It's cheaper than any of the high end shoei's you mentioned.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

kiawrench

the wind beating her up isnt the helmets fault,and any girlfriend worth having is worth protecting.
the majority of sport bikes place the second rider directly in the path of wind blast as it rolls over the top of your helmet. if she cant stand the wind, get her her own bike.

that ,or trade the sprint for a venture or a gold wing.

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ps2/bikevision

HEY INANECATHODE dont cus on this board with that three letter word.

inanecathode

:x

Didn't mean to i swear!
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.