News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Mass shooting in VA

Started by ps2/bikevision, April 16, 2007, 04:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

if you have watched the news today there was a mass shooting in VA tech.  today. 

Motorplow, thats right next to you, i hope it wasent the town you work for.

h2olawyer

That's also where Blake is attending school.  I PM'd him a while ago to make a post & let us know he's OK.  Noticed he was logged on a while ago - maybe just retrieving the message.  I know he's probably pretty busy telling friends & family he's alright, so I'm not surprised we haven't heard from him yet.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

glennw

Well at least the shooter took himself out..
So we don't have to worry about his "rights" being
"Violated" by the police.. or a "fair" trial.... What a POS....

I wondered if this was Blake when I saw this on Fox News:

Virginia Tech student Blake Harrison said he was on his way to class near Norris Hall when he saw chaos.

"This teacher comes flying out of Norris, he's bleeding from his arm or his shoulder ... all these students were coming out of Norris trying to take shelter in Randolph [Hall]. All these kids were freaked out," Harrison said.

GlennW

Half Mad Max

Blake

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the thoughts.  Although I was near, luckily I wasn't in the immediate area.  Stories are flying around as to what actually happened, but no one is 100% certain since they arent officially releasing any info that we dont already know.  But yes today has been pretty hectic and I've been running around all day.  I'll give a more detailed update (as to what i actually know happened) in a bit when i have a little more time.

Thanks again,

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Brian Moffet

Now Glenn,

I've actually known one convicted murder, went to college with him.  He was a nice guy (well, except to the person he murdered...), and I was called to testify in his pre-trial.  And I've met one other.

And I'm glad that they had fair trials.  If you were on trial I would also hope you would get a fair trial. 

And my thoughts go out to those at Virginia tech.

Brian

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Vision Rising on April 16, 2007, 08:13:23 PM
Now Glenn,

I've actually known one convicted murder, went to college with him.  He was a nice guy (well, except to the person he murdered...), and I was called to testify in his pre-trial.  And I've met one other.

And I'm glad that they had fair trials.  If you were on trial I would also hope you would get a fair trial. 

And my thoughts go out to those at Virginia tech.

Brian

The guy that originally owned my bike, who was a friend and co-worker and a darn good Respiratory Therapist, murdered his father in law and was convicted.  He committed suicide in jail.  The second owner is another good friend and co-worker and is not a murderer, neither am I. ;D

On a more serious note, I am floored by the news.  How can a human being have so much pent up anger as to commit such a heinous crime?  Why?  Those poor people.
Blake, I'm glad you are OK and my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone up there.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

I just tried to call you Blake (just got home) before i read this, & couldn't get thru.  I was really worried, but i'm thrilled to hear your ok.  My families (& i'm sure the whole ROV's) thoughts & prayers go out to you!
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

there was a recent murder around here. a guy lost his money in a dice game.. thought street rules meant he could get some of it back... apparently not... so he shot the the winner in the head...

turns out he was arrested in Georgia for two other murders... guess he got a couple of "fair" trials there because obvioulsy he wasn't serving time nor an escaped convict...
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

MotorPlow

Hectic Day....

I was in training (as a police firearms instructor) in Salem Virginia when several students in the class started getting pages on their pagers and cell phones at around 10:20 am. Although not called, the PD I work for was put on stand-by. We had a TV going constantly during the remainder of the training, but we were getting information via text messages well before things were broadcast on the news.

Blake, I am glad you are okay along with all the other 'Tech Survivors. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this tragedy.

MotorPlow

glennw

Brian...  ::)
I'll just pray for the victims family's...
I know I'm a throwback... I enjoy it..
GlennW
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

Blake -

Glad to hear you are safe & hopefully, well.  What a senseless tragedy.  My thoughts and prayers are with all you Va. Techies.  Fill us in when you can.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.