News:

Main Menu

First Ride of the Season!

Started by inanecathode, April 15, 2007, 02:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

I just had my first ride of the season today. Granted it was only to work, but it was still a ride!
Went from mid gilpin county colorado to blackhawk colorado on my xt250 dualsport. Was a bit cold, but other than the bike not being jetted for the altitude (stock jetting is still on sea-level, i ride at 9000 feet  :o) the roads up here are totally dry and 99.9 percent free of the dreaded pea gravel.
Can't wait to get the vision up and running so i can do this ride right!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

Glad you got out - the weather is fantastic!  Too bad I'm stuck at home for the day . . .  :'(

The roads are already about free of sand / gravel up there?  That's a couple weeks ahead of schedule.  Hope I can get out for a late afternoon ride today.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Yup, free and clear of gravel.

Had an interesting ride home as well. Was pretty cold, until i got up over the black hawk-rollinsville hump, then hit a FRIDGED front of cold air. Mister yamaha liked it fine though (probably shrank the main jet down a tidge)
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.