Exhilerating Ride Today

Started by YellowJacket!, May 01, 2007, 05:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Today was too beautiful a day not to ride.  I spent the morning swapping out my standard plugs for the irridium plugs, then did a little cleaning, tightened up my RR connectios and took off for a ride.
I have talked with lucky about doing a Hwy 70 to 58 to 11 triangle in the near future so I figured I'd check it out.  I followed 70 to Kingston; about 39 miles and then rather than cutting across to Loudon, where Lucky lives, I hit some smaller back roads.  Totally gorgeous ride with almost no traffic.  I headed back to 70 and was going to pick up either 58 0r 68 but ended up at a traffic light that would not change for me.  After two cycles I decided to exercise TN's run the red light law for motorcycles and the bike bogged down.  I looked down and I was in the red.  Uh Oh.  I ended up making a right turn instead and pulled over to let the fan cool off the bike then set out towards home.  My temp gauge on the bike showed the outside temp to be 98 degrees! (I later passed a bank on the way home and their sign showed 93, so I was probably right on.  Damn its hot today.)
I figured I'd use this opportunity as a break in ride since I filled up with 93 octane and added 1/3 can of seafoam to clean things out.  All in all, she rode pretty good.  A few backfires on downshifitng in the turns.  Other than that, she sounds good. Since we tuned the carbs agian and I added the Uni, things sound really nice.  I was going to pull the baffels and add a little bit more insulation, but I think things sound really good now. I also kept an eye on my voltage and it stayed around 14.5 and 15.3 with one little peak at 16 volts.
All together, the ride was more of a rolling twisty with some pretty long straightaways.  I think I ended up seeing more bikes than cars out. ;D
On the way home, I passed Ace where Lucky works...I think he was filling a propane tank, so I pulled in the clutch and gunned it a couple times. ;D  I was on my way (late of course) to do a computer job, so I couldn't stop.  :-[
I think the next time I do the ride, I'll take my video camera along and film it.  Hopefully the dead leaves on the trees will be gone and there will be a bit more green.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)