News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Pics of the New Guy's Vision! (56k Warning!)

Started by ithinkitsbroke, May 04, 2007, 08:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ithinkitsbroke

Quote from: Tiger on May 06, 2007, 08:20:17 AM
:) Please go back to your autoparts store and buy Five in-line fuse holder's with rubber top covers. The type that hold a car style a.t.o. blade fuse and get rid of that mess...its a fire waiting to happen.

You will also require 1 x 30 amp (green) and 4 x 10 amp fuse's (red).

Under the seat you require 1 x 30 amp and 3 x 10 amp.

The other 10 amp is to replace your rad' fan fuse holder which is located in your headlamp bucket and gets forgotten...until the "V" overheats :o

Once you have replaced all of these, then go onto do the "other things" BUT not before, as you may be hiding other electrical problems by being direct wired (and the bolt fuse ::) ) These type of fuse's are also more readily available, if and when you need to replace one ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Well, my plan is to get that part from Littelfuse - The sealed aftermarket fuse block and rebuild a fuse box for everything.  As far as those other locations, I was unaware of any other fuses other than the ones under the seat.  :o  Where are the other fuses located or supposed to be located?

Check out my internet radio station ~ 88.9 The Buzz - Your Rock Station!

Lucky

just one in the headlight bucket. 10a for the fan.  until you start adding accessories, lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ithinkitsbroke

Quote from: Lucky on May 06, 2007, 07:59:07 PM
just one in the headlight bucket. 10a for the fan.  until you start adding accessories, lol
Ah, okay, after re-reading your other post, the first count of fuses was the total count for the whole bike - Then you broke it down into where they're located. (I'm a tard sometimes. :)) I'm sure I'll be adding some accessories, but not until I get the mad beast running.  :D  Although, it's probably not bad to plan ahead.  ;)

Check out my internet radio station ~ 88.9 The Buzz - Your Rock Station!