Cycle Canada "Readers Write - Visionary" by Tiger

Started by Cdnlouie, May 17, 2007, 08:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

Way to go John!  ;) Nice letter in Cycle Canada May Issue (Readers Write section page 12).

Just got my copy and while warming up to the day (in my usual unmentionable spot) was a bit surprised to see someone I know.  Nice summary of your passion for the Vision and how you got your two bikes.  Good promotion of Colorado and ROV website. Wish we could say, "beam me up Scotty" and set me down in Colorado this summer.

Cdn-Lou

h2olawyer

Any way to link it online?  Or is it the letter Tiger wrote and posted a while back, here on the forum?  Anyhow, congrats on getting published, Tiger -- That's GRRRRRRREAT!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:-[ Aw shucks :-[ I'm not sure how or if you can get it on line...The mag' is Cycle Canada and its on page #12. Given that it my piece, I don't think I'm breaking copyrite...This is what was printed but it is a very diluted version of what I originally sent to the mag'...but hey ::) 8)

VISIONARY.
I started riding in England in 1969, but like many people, gave up this love for a family and a career.While working, in July 2005, I was leaving a customers house when I saw a wheel poking out from beneath a cover.It turned out to be his new ride. The conversation quickly turned to motorcycles, and eventually, after a beer or two, and some haggling, a deal was struck; I became the owner of a 1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision.
I now own two restored 1982 models and a recently acquired '83 model, which is being restored. I also have three donor bikes. This year is the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Yamaha Vision, and to commemorate the event, a rally is being organized in Colorado, the details of which can be found at ridersofvision.net. Its an occasion to celebrate...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

wolf

Great letter Tiger!
Incidentally---this is from the May 82 Cycle Canada review of the Vision:
" We think it's the best bike Yamaha's ever built, one that does almost everything with verve and panache.
  A most extraordinary motorcycle indeed."
And it still is so---right gang? (well, when the things are running...)
Happy 25th, little bike.

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on May 17, 2007, 07:10:45 PM

The conversation quickly turned to a beer or two, and [after] some haggling, a beer was struck

yeah, I can see that the piece was edited  :D ;D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on May 17, 2007, 08:29:09 PM
Quote from: Tiger on May 17, 2007, 07:10:45 PM

The conversation quickly turned to a beer or two, and [after] some haggling, a beer was struck

yeah, I can see that the piece was edited  :D ;D

:o Oooooop's. wee mistook..." a deal was struck"  ;D ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Brian Moffet

Made me think of Pirates of the Caribbean, when they clank ale mugs together.

Brian ("Yes, some ale!  And some Babies!")

supervision

Ayyee me bucko, celebrate we will !  I'd have a beer right now, but I'm getting ready for work and they are so funny about beer and peterbilts      Congrats on the artical Tiger, you da bom
" border="0

YellowJacket!

Quote from very cute nurse in hospital parking lot: "Wow, it's so nice! You like riding it?"  Yup.  "What year is it?"  1982.  (pause)  "cool....he he he  its older than I am. wanna go for a ride?" (pause, gasp, choke)  ME: um, no, I'm um married.
"Darn"
This bikes gonna get me in trouble.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Aelwulf

Quote from: DaveTN on May 18, 2007, 10:35:06 AM
Quote from very cute nurse in hospital parking lot: "Wow, it's so nice! You like riding it?"  Yup.  "What year is it?"  1982.  (pause)  "cool....he he he  its older than I am. wanna go for a ride?" (pause, gasp, choke)  ME: um, no, I'm um married.
"Darn"

David

Hook a fellow up man, I'm not! lol I'm seein' someone rest of the time here though, and moving tends to nix such ideas.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't eh? :P

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

YellowJacket!

Tiger, You are a true "Writer of Vision".  ;D  ;D

David

Tiger

Quote from: DaveTN on May 19, 2007, 06:51:22 PM
Tiger, You are a true "Writer of Vision".  ;D  ;D

David

:) It would be nice if some-one at Yamaha would read it, eh... 8)...and as a side thought, a lot of bike shop's, biker pit stop's, etc, have notice board's that you can post "Club News"...Does any-one on the ROV use them to drum up membership to our "Family" or find complete/part's Vision's, etc...???

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Lucky

And now we know how the Gremlins found Tiger...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

dj

"Darn"

David

Scuff the paint up a bit and then it wont look so shiny.  Maybe that will keep the younger ladies off you a bit.   ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Aelwulf on May 18, 2007, 11:37:34 PM
"Darn"

David

Hook a fellow up man, I'm not! lol I'm seein' someone rest of the time here though, and moving tends to nix such ideas.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't eh? :P

Its like the third or fourth time it happened.  Different chick each time too.  ;D

David

h2olawyer

Yellow Jacket must like showing off it's 'stinger'.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.