News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Newsletter 8 online with info on a 750 Vision-based racer

Started by XZv2, May 24, 2007, 04:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich2

Sorry about resurrecting an old topic.

Was just at the old storage locker.

Years ago Eddie (still around?) was working on my heads, had the crank turned down, carillo rods, mega cams... never got all the parts back.

But still have the EPM rear wheel (4" I think) Dymag front, had the frame modified by someone form HRC (the down tube attach point were modified to lock together) made it more stable in turns.

Would love to get it all back together.

kiwibum

Quote from: Rich2 on April 28, 2008, 09:53:39 PM
had the frame modified by someone form HRC (the down tube attach point were modified to lock together) made it more stable in turns.

Any chance of posting photos of the frame mods?
thanks
Steve

Rich2

I'll try to remember to bring my camera next time at the storage locker and I will post.

In the mean time I'll try to sketch something out.

Rich

Rich2

Well here goes. This what I can remember (I get a picture one of these days)

A similar mod was done to the Interceptor removable tubes.

kiwibum

Let me see if I understand it correctly.
- The frame has a recess ground/cut in it,
- the "bolt on section" has a protrusion welded on it that fits snug into the recess of the frame.
- This recess/protrusion is positioned where the original bolts go through,
- creating an interlocking section bolted together at the original bolt holes,
- thus holding the "bolt on section" more accurately to the frame.

Rich2

Simple mod but I remember it making a positive improvement.

kiwibum

Cool thanks for the clarification. That will be fairly easy to implement, I'll look at doing it when I repaint my frame.

Rich2

supervision

Rich 2 thank you for the pictures!  never seen the bike uncovered, like the exhaust, what a frame, thanks again!
" border="0

VisionMeister

I remember seeing this bike at Laguna.
If I remember right the steering head was x-braced between the frame rails. If you see how the frame tubes run to the outside of the forks to the front instrument area; the x-brace tubes fit between the forks.
I didn't have a Vision at that time so I was not aware of how much the engine had been modified. I remember that it seemed to rev so high that it sounded like a big two-stroke.
What especially impressed me that day was a box stock appearing Vision running in the Battle of the Twins. Jimmy Adamo and Gene Church were battling for first on a Ferracci Ducati and "Lucifer's Hammer", The Harley factory entry. Dr. John Wittner's Guzzi was running third followed by another Ducati and then there was a Guzzi being harrassed by the Vision for fifth position.
The big twins were so loud that the Vision seemed completely silent as it kept passing the Guzzi in the twisties and pulling up on the Duc, only to get out drag raced at the start/finish straight and having to do it all over again.
I rember thinking to myself, I've got to get one of those.

Rich2

I think I remember some people telling me about that race. Could have been Eddie or Stuart. Now I'm really tugging on the memory strings.

Nice that you brought that memory back.