News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

interesting study

Started by Lucky, May 22, 2007, 08:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

I just saw on the Today show that Beta Carotene foods help prevent Vision loss! Hmmm...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

:D  Save a Vision -- Eat your carrots!   ;D
H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

I wonder how it works, keeps the carbs clean?   ::)

Aelwulf

More likely serves as an electrical booster to help the system work better yet cooler without frying itself. :D

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

I HATE fried carrots . . .   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

dj

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 22, 2007, 02:27:54 PM
I HATE fried carrots . . .   :D

H2O

Don't you mean fried stators? ::)
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

h2olawyer

After the first one of those fried stators, I really lost my taaste for them.  The next two nearly made me sick!

I know along with beta cerotene, carrots have some fiber content.  While that may be good for human fuel system cleaning, it would likely have the opposite effect on Vision carbs!

H2

dj

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 22, 2007, 04:21:30 PM
After the first one of those fried stators, I really lost my taaste for them.  The next two nearly made me sick!
H2

You gotta make sure to have some stator anti-rejection serum on hand before you change out the stator.   ::)

Jeesh you should know that by now!  ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Brian_Matthewson

I just went and drained my Mobil 1 and replaced it with carrot juice...synthetic, of course!  ;D
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

dj

Quote from: Brian_Matthewson on May 22, 2007, 04:52:14 PM
I just went and drained my Mobil 1 and replaced it with carrot juice...synthetic, of course!  ;D

;D  Everybody seems to be in a good mood today.  There has been a lot of joking around going on throughout the forum.  :P
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Aelwulf

That or the gremlins have hacked some accounts. ;)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Aelwulf on May 22, 2007, 05:12:48 PM
That or the gremlins have hacked some accounts. ;)

Actually, the secret is out.  My gremlin repellant is

Carrot Juice!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 22, 2007, 04:21:30 PM

I know along with beta cerotene, carrots have some fiber content.  While that may be good for human fuel system cleaning, it would likely have the opposite effect on Vision carbs!

H2

This is why the pumpkin bike was orange.

Come on i had to :P
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kiawrench

seems to me, carrots arent the answer... after all, the rabbit eats carots, so his eyes must be good, but they never seem to see the farmer with an axe ,or the hunter with a gun, - and they sure a heck never seem to see my vision coming at them at 55 mph!

i think i will just contiune to feed my poor little vision processed dinosaur juice.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .