My New Camera Mount - **Updated -Now with Lucky and Daves Scenic Ride

Started by YellowJacket!, May 16, 2007, 05:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott_Mc

It's funny how kids have all these events now.  When I went to school I had one graduation.. :D
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

Lucky

I had Jr high graduation 30ish years ago... sheesh!! how long??!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

I've even heard of Kindergarten graduations.   ::)  I know the parents are proud, but Kindergarten?!?

I had a Jr. High graduation (too many years ago).  Next summer (2008) is my 30 yr. High School reunion.  Feels more like it should be 10 or 15.  Can't possibly be 30 . . ..

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Yep, Even Day School and Mothers Day Out have graduations too.  Oh,  BTW, I graduate next year!!! Yeeehhhhaaa. It took me 20 years to do it (right).  Well, don't celebrate though because I go right back for two more years after that to finish my Masters (as a Physician Assistant)...Then WE can all celebrate.  ;D  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Scott_Mc

Quote from: Lucky on May 20, 2007, 09:49:56 PM
I had Jr high graduation 30ish years ago... sheesh!! how long??!!

Hey, maybe they had one for Jr. High but when the bell rang for the final time, I was out the door singing an Alice Cooper song ;D .

My Y.O.G. =`the last M.Y. for the Visions.....

Quote from: DaveTN on May 21, 2007, 09:55:32 AM
  Oh,  BTW, I graduate next year!!! Yeeehhhhaaa. It took me 20 years to do it (right).  Well, don't celebrate though because I go right back for two more years after that to finish my Masters (as a Physician Assistant)...Then WE can all celebrate.  ;D  ;D

David

Excellent!!!!! 8)  Keep at it Dave!!
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

The Prophet of Doom

Thanks for the vid, it seems really freaky being shot from the  incorrect side of the road.  Whoever introduced roads into the US must have been left handed.  I don't know how you guys stand it. 

YellowJacket!

Quote from: roro on May 23, 2007, 06:27:21 AM
Thanks for the vid, it seems really freaky being shot from the  incorrect side of the road.  Whoever introduced roads into the US must have been left handed.  I don't know how you guys stand it. 

Heh heh heh.....  I'm playing around with camera angles too.  Im going to shoot a video with the camera mounted on the hand grip facing backwards next.  :o

David

ps2/bikevision

Quote from: roro on May 23, 2007, 06:27:21 AM

no, no, we are on the right side of the road ;D

QBS

For a real thrill, try riding a bike with passenger while pulling a trailer through London UK traffic when all your riding life has been in Texas.  The timid need not apply.

YellowJacket!

Lucky and I went for an almost 2 hour ride in the country today.  I shot about 50 mins of Video before I put the camera away because of an approaching storm.  Its sad becasue the last part of the ride was the most beautiful to film but I missed it.  Oh well.... Next time.
Anyway, the vid is 850mb and I'll upload it to google and post the link.  Its about 55 minutes long.  I'm going to edit it down to a more appropriate size and cut the boring parts out.  I have a bunch of exams this week and have to get them out of the way first before I can play video editor.  ;D

One of the best things about the new vid is that I switched from autofocus which made everything blurry to fixed focus, and now everything is more clear.  Vid is uploading now.

David

MotorPlow

I rigged up my mount again...
Video shot with a Casio Exilim Point & Shoot Camera:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7348631778611062575

I have a second video on my web page.... www.motorplow.com

YellowJacket!

Thats some seriously good leaning there motorplow.  ;D

David

MotorPlow

Still haven't scraped anything on the pavement though...  :-[

YellowJacket!

OK, Here it is!  My Ride with Lucky on the 23rd.  We started out on Hwy 70 across from Ace where Lucky works and headed down Hwy 70 also known as Kingston pike heading west and Knoxville Road heading east.  We followed it through some mild twists and turns until we got to Kingston and then turned onto Hwy 58.  58 is a nice ride along Watts Bar Lake and out into the country.  There are some twists and turns but nothing to drag a knee on.  The scenery is very nice though.
From there, we followed 58 to hwy 72 which leads across to Loudon.  At that point we stopped at a small market for a water break.  I took the camera off because it was clouding up and I was afraid it would rain...it later did.  Followed 72 to Loudon which had some really nice twists and turns and one very sweeping turn around a cemetary that really got me down low.  From there we rode along 72 with some nice twists and turns until we go to Loudon.  At that point it looked like it was going to cloudburst so Lucky headed for his house and I got on hwy 11 back to mine.  11 is pretty nice and I'll video it soon and post it.

The video is long...850mb but it seems to stream fairly well with a broadband connection.  When I get some time, I'll edit it down to a more manageable size.

Enjoy:  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1606028647392201882&hl=en

David

ps2/bikevision

ill atest to motorplows riding skill. riding behind him at the dragon really showed me that the vision could be pushed, provided the rider had the skill, beyond what i had thought. i gained a few notches on my skill belt after that weekend.

god that was in 2005 and im still talking about it. yes it was that awsome.

MotorPlow

Yeah, I gotta get back to the Dragon. That was really fun...
Then again, Mutt and I were there last year after the 3 of us were there in 2005.

h2olawyer

Looking forward to getting home & back on my real broadband connection so I can watch it.  At least I have internet access at the race track & for that I'm very thankful.

By the way, the Formula Mazda I'm crewing for won his class today.  Things look good for Sunday as well.  The track at Miller Motorsports Park (near Tooele, Utah) is amazing.  4.5 miles long & 23 corners.  The American LeMans series cars fastest qualifiers were @ 2:18 last week.  Fast lap by any of the SCCA racers this week is 2:35.  The Formula Mazdas are running around 2:57 per lap.

My V is enjoying the sun & desert climate.  Been using it as a pit bike & she's loving the race atmosphere.  Too bad the speed limit is 15 MPH & enforced!  Got several comments.  One was from the owner of Go4It racing schools in Colorado.  He was looking at the VFR my friend rides and looked at my bike.  He said "WOW - is that a Vision?  I haven't seen one of those for 20 years."  Then he turned to me & asked if it runs.  I told him it runs better than it did even on the day I bought it new.  Started it for him & he got a big grin & said "sweet - always loved the sound of that high revving v-twin.  Although, when he races bikes, it's on a new Ducati . . ..

So far, a great weekend.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day holiday & remember the reason we celebrate it.  This is the first year in a long time I won't be at a veteran's memorial service bright & early on Monday morning.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.