Is this what the Starter Clutch should look like?

Started by Evan, June 08, 2007, 09:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj

Quote from: Evan on June 19, 2007, 07:53:02 AM
Quote from: dj on June 19, 2007, 07:35:29 AM
Quote from: Evan on June 19, 2007, 07:25:47 AM
dj, I know you have one of the _best_ V's in the world, since it seems to have the most demons!  You are an example to all the newbies.

I guess I can be a good example for all the newbies on how to keep your head down and just keep charging ahead.  I don't know if it is pure stubbornness or lack of common sense for why I am still working on her.  I loved riding her the 2-3 times I had her on the road, and just when I think I have gotten the gremlins out of the bike they show up in a different place.

I think my gremlins are resistant to "Gremlin-be-gone" spray.  I spray the bike down with it and I hear lots of laughing! >:(

We have a family trait called "too-stupid-to-quit", which helps when dealing with things like this!  At work (real-time software), we tend to sacrifice chickens to demons or gremlins -- most of the time it is the KFC variety.  Not sure if that helps, but I am sure they don't like the rubber variety.  I learned this week that WD stands for "Water Displacement" not "Wooshaway Demons"......  ;)

I'll have to let my wife know that from now on when I am working on the bike we need to stop off at KFC first to appeas the gremlins/demons that are living in my bike.  So far all I've tried is a full frontal attack on them and they keep knocking me back every time.  Maybe so KFC will help to tied them over so I can actually make some progress on the bike.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Evan

Quote from: dj on June 19, 2007, 08:04:05 AM
We have a family trait called "too-stupid-to-quit", which helps when dealing with things like this!  At work (real-time software), we tend to sacrifice chickens to demons or gremlins -- most of the time it is the KFC variety.  Not sure if that helps, but I am sure they don't like the rubber variety.  I learned this week that WD stands for "Water Displacement" not "Wooshaway Demons"......  ;)

I'll have to let my wife know that from now on when I am working on the bike we need to stop off at KFC first to appease the gremlins/demons that are living in my bike.  So far all I've tried is a full frontal attack on them and they keep knocking me back every time.  Maybe so KFC will help to tied them over so I can actually make some progress on the bike.

Or it could be you have a jealous V, that will only cooperate when you wife it away......

The real test for this "mistress" is when my wife gets back from vacation.....

dj

Quote from: Evan on June 19, 2007, 08:23:18 AM
Quote from: dj on June 19, 2007, 08:04:05 AM

I'll have to let my wife know that from now on when I am working on the bike we need to stop off at KFC first to appease the gremlins/demons that are living in my bike.  So far all I've tried is a full frontal attack on them and they keep knocking me back every time.  Maybe so KFC will help to tied them over so I can actually make some progress on the bike.

Or it could be you have a jealous V, that will only cooperate when you wife it away......

The real test for this "mistress" is when my wife gets back from vacation.....

My wife doens't go away though.  Oh man am I screwed!  ;)
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

louthepou

Way to go Evan, glad I could help!

Another one saved from the scrap yard... good work.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Walt_M.

Good to have another 'motivated' member Evan. And Night Vision was way ahead of me on the valve shim suggestion. That would be much easier to do with the engine out, and since you probably haven't synched the carbs yet. Now would be the perfect time to do it as you will probably have to re-synch after valve adjustment.
Whale oil beef hooked!

louthepou

Yes! Doing the rear cylinder shim swap is really really more pleasant with the engine on a work bench!

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Evan

Shims -- not now, it's almost back together!  :o

I got a little lazy, and selfish, and wanted to actually take this bike that I have been working on for 20 months and ride it.  So, I put enough pieces back together (back brakes off, YICS off, then tried YICS on, Yamaha tank off, etc), and it has go power and stop power.

Now although the pictured tank does not have much capacity, it does not rust, and only cost $9 at AutoZone.

Just up and down my dead-end street/cul-de-sac for 15-20 minutes.  Boy this bike is fun -- even without syncing/tuning the carbs!

Night Vision

nice job... looks pretty close to being done.. just so you know, most of us are running much smaller motorcycle type inline fuel filters  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano