News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

so much for new paint of the fizzer

Started by ps2/bikevision, June 10, 2007, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

i just painted my bike tuesday. saturday i went to a graduation party for my 2nd cousin. my cousin asked to ride my bike and aginst my better judgement i let him ride it. he has been riding for 20 some years so i figure he has enough respect for other peoples stuff to not trash on it. he just went up and down the road a few times and came back. no harm but he was pretty hard on the bike. a little bit later he asked if he could go again and i handed him the keys. the bike fires up, he backs it up, turns to pull out of the yard onto the street, and i had a really bad feeling. i look as he guns it, back tire still in the grass, and the bike spins out from under him. does a 240 half in the grass then into the street. he goes to pick it up real quick and drops it over on the other side.
i make it to him in time to help him pick it back up shut the key off and stuff it into my pocket. i just wanted to pound his freakin head in.

damage was as follows:

right side fairing scratched
peanut cover scratched up
stator cover f`ed up again, i just spent 3 days fixing it with jb weld it was perfect.
left side of tail scratched

so after 4 days of having new paint on the bike im now back to it looking like crap again.

inanecathode

I'd simply say "you know, i had that painted on tuesday, just so you know"
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

ah man I'm sorry. I cringed as I read it.  Is your cousin gonna help you fix the body work? 
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

dj

I have just two words.

JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE

Just kidding, although I would give him a good thumping.  Just say "You hurt my baby, now I'm gonna hurt you!"

;D ;D ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

ps2/bikevision

yea, not even an offer to pay for a $5 can of paint to fix it. His girlfriend was and still is pissed. I think more than me. He goes to the nascar race in august with me and cuts me a check for what it costs. Usually at least $500 for the weekend, so this year its gonna be a little bit more. Lets see, local stealership charges $60 an hour for labor. Ill have to keep that in mind.

dj

Make sure to add in for your emotional distress, and pain and suffering...
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

h2olawyer

Only worth doing that if he has deep pockets.  Bill him for the work & add a "Richard Cranium" fee.   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

dj

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 11, 2007, 03:41:44 PM
Only worth doing that if he has deep pockets.  Bill him for the work & add a "Richard Cranium" fee.   :D

H2O

Richard Cranium - haven't heard that one in awhile.  Very funny.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

ps2/bikevision

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 11, 2007, 03:41:44 PM

H2O

he owns his own landscapeing buisness. so yea he can afford it. it usually cost him at least $500 for the race weekend. so yea he can afford it. but its not a real big deal. its only paint. nothing major. nothing broke. so it could of been worse. he didnt have a helmet on either. i think his girlfriend will dish out more of a punishment than i could. he is majorly grounded. no more parties for a long while.