News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

I hate my life...

Started by packman85, June 11, 2007, 10:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packman85

So, a friend called me a few days ago at midnight.  Her 1999 Mazda miata was givving her trouble and she needed a lift home.  So, I, being the nice guy that I am, obliged.  Next day, we go to take a look at the car.  Turns out, theres verry little oil in it.  So  I go to jack the car upp to do an oil change but un benounced to me, I placed the jack under the radiator rather than a support beam.  CRACK!!!!! Ok, so I just fill the oil up instead of doing an oil change.  The radiator isn leaking very fast, just a drip drip drip, so I make the smartest desicion of my life.  (Insert sarcasm here) I figure Weve got enough fluid in it to drive it home.  Boy was I wrong.  Over heated, heard what sounded to me like valve noise then kaput.  tow it home, let it cool off,fill the radiator up, and turn it on.  It WORKS!!! YAY!!!, right?  well, then I get the new radiator, install it, turn it on, nothing,  it feels like there is no compression, but ive misplaced my comp tester so I have no way of knowing for sure.  But it seems to me Ive warped the heads and blown a head gasket.  hopefully thats all I did.  There doesnt seem to be any water in the oil, so I hope I didnt crack the block. I dont know if there is any advice to be had, i guess im just looking for sympathy.  WHY OH WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SO STUPID SOMETIMES!!!???
"Real men don't need full fairings, go naked or go home!!"

kwells

wow talk about dousing the fire with gasoline
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ps2/bikevision

good one less miatia on the road.

sorry about the girls car. It couldnt of been a better car to get destroyed. I really hate those little matchbox pieces of junk. Thers nothing to them. Junk the car and if she wants a litte car get her a mini cooper or something.

remember the good old days when the vision was new, and you jacked the cars up by the bumper. Its hard to destroy an undercarage doing it that way.

sucks bro but now you know where to not put the jack at right.

Scott_Mc

Quote from: packman85 on June 11, 2007, 10:19:46 PM
So, a friend called me a few days ago at midnight.  Her 1999 Mazda miata was givving her trouble and she needed a lift home.  So, I, being the nice guy that I am, obliged.  Next day, we go to take a look at the car.  Turns out, theres verry little oil in it.  So  I go to jack the car upp to do an oil change but un benounced to me, I placed the jack under the radiator rather than a support beam.  CRACK!!!!! ....

If there is very little oil in it, filling it to the proper level is, in effect, an oil change.  I think you should use ramps from now on:-)

ps2, just because a car is small it's junk?
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

ps2/bikevision

no, no, i wasent trying to say that all small cars are junk, just miatas. If you've ever had to wrench on one you know it doesent matter what it is its a pita to fix.  And when you get a bunch of them together on the dragon they think they own the road and get in your way. It hard enough to pass on that road.

Brian Moffet

Hmm, I like the Miata.  I'll never own one though.  I'm tall enough that the top windshield bar is right in my line of sight. (at least the one I sat in 7 years ago).

Actually, I think I like the toyota spider better.  But the only convertible I'll actually own is a 1967 Austin Healy Sprite (my next rebuild project)...

Oh, and I'm sorry to hear about the problems you had packman...

Brian

kiawrench

packman,,, i mean no disrespect, and to our non male forum members i really do not mean any.

my dad always told me, no matter how much we think otherwise, "if it has tits or wheels, it will always be trouble ".

the miata is best fixed by crusher run, 3 axis , and recasting as an anchor . but there are a few i tip my hat to, most with ground effects and greatly reworked suspension kits

guess you are no longer on the lady's  BFF list?
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

haunter

Quote from: ps2 on June 12, 2007, 10:43:06 AM
no, no, i wasent trying to say that all small cars are junk, just miatas. If you've ever had to wrench on one you know it doesent matter what it is its a pita to fix.  And when you get a bunch of them together on the dragon they think they own the road and get in your way. It hard enough to pass on that road.

they are a great little car and I want one..................with a turbo.......
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.