Here's my "new" bike that I'll be picking up in a few weeks.

Started by dj, June 18, 2007, 12:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj

Quote from: DaveTN on June 19, 2007, 10:45:15 AM
Am I the "young Fart"?  ;D  ;D

Hey DJ,
I have been wanting to see some pics of a black V motor for a long time!  I have been toying with the idea of doing it to mine.  ;D

Thanks

David

No Dave you are the "middle aged fart".  ;) ;D

I plan on doing the same thing with the blue and silver one at some point, along with the pipes and maybe a few other things.

The black one needs some lovin, but has some definite potential.  Can't wait to get her home and start cleaning her up.  I need to start researching how to reupholster the seat as that will need to be done along with a good carb cleaning before I can ride her.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

jasonm.

erratic idle 50% of the time is the YICS...vacuum leaks. CAp the ports and see if the idle is stable. If it's the YICS it will likely be low but stable. I know woithout it most Visions idle 100-200 less. Assuming all else is fine. It may even idle up if the leak is really bad.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

dj

Quote from: jasonm. on June 19, 2007, 08:01:27 PM
erratic idle 50% of the time is the YICS...vacuum leaks. CAp the ports and see if the idle is stable. If it's the YICS it will likely be low but stable. I know woithout it most Visions idle 100-200 less. Assuming all else is fine. It may even idle up if the leak is really bad.

YICS is already off the bike and the ports are capped.  Carb boots are in good condition as well.  It starts to hunt around for the idle after about 30-45 seconds after starting.  Sounds like it is a fuel flow issue from the carbs, but I wont know until I get it and do some testing with her.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Night Vision

hey, if you get that one.... you can call it

The Black Pearl

arrg.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

dj

Quote from: Night Vision on June 20, 2007, 10:31:11 AM
hey, if you get that one.... you can call it

The Black Pearl

arrg.

You didn't need to put the skull and cross bones on it, it already had a flaming skull.  Black Pearl... not bad, it might grow on me

arrrgggg.....
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)