News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

roadrash sucks.

Started by ps2/bikevision, June 21, 2007, 04:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

no i didnt put one of my bikes down. i was at the nascar race in michigan over the weekend. i go twice a year and look foward to it all year. i cant wait till august when i go again. we started drining thursday about noon. and keep it up all weekend till monday morning. its a blast. well sunday after the race while most other people in the infield are packing up me and the neighbors are sitting buy the fire watching campers go out. next thing i know we have a ramp about 6' long sitting on a cooler and we start taking turns ramping to cooler. stupid idea. it was in the 90's all day, i drank a 12 pack befere noon and switched to captin n coke. no way i should of been riding this stupid little bmx but there i was facing the ramp thinking too my self this is really stupid, my buddy already faceplanted of this thing, but then i started thinkin, he was way drunker than i was so what the hell.

ended up doing an endo off the end of the ramp and landed in the gravel road. as im laying on the ground i think to myself, well i guess i should of atleast put a shirt on. all i was wearing was shoes and shorts.  luckly one of the ladies that goes with my group is a nurse so i head to the bus to get cleaned up. took a half dollar chunk out of my left hand, makes it hard to type, most of the rash was on my left side. left side of knee, left calf, hip, above hip, back, sholder and elbo. nothing real major just scrapes other than my left palm. no skin left on it. and theres still gravel in my right palm.

after getting cleaned up i go back out and another buddie jumped and broke his ankle. we decieded to take the ramp down after that. on the good side of all this, now i know why i wear all the gear on the bike. i dont want to think what it would of been like on a motorcycle.

so i learned all the gear all the time even when your pedal powered.

Kevin

Redneck's last words   "Hey watch this!"